Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• studeluvr
    replied
    Welp I thought you guys knew everything 'bout Studes but thats ok. It stands to reason that the productions numbers would be a bit high as they try to compete.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    I have had them all, in 63 GT's Auto. on the column many, 4 speed few, 3 speed with O/D a couple, auto on the floor a few, straight 3 speed in GT never, my 63 lark standard came with a 259 and straight 3 speed,

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    There was a guy in PA who was at a AACA cruise-in who had a '62 that was 3sp/OD. My Uncle back in Texas bought a '62 GT in 1965 that had a 4spd. He really did not like how high 1st gear was, so within a year it was gone and a 3spd/OD with a floor shifter in its place.

Always thought a GT with a 3spd/OD would make a great highway cruiser.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Well I know of TWO 3 Speed Overdrives in Whatcom County, one in my Garage and One in Brian Curtis' Garage, the Editor of the Custom and Modified Studebakers Column in Turning Wheels.
    They are both 1963 GT Hawks, mine is Factory Hill Holder and Power Pack equipped.

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post

There were possibly less three speeds and Three Overdrives than 4 Speeds, but mostly Automatics.
    Wonder if one could count the number of straight three speeds without using more than four hands.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    As far as I know that would require someone spending a lot of money and time to buy time at the Studebaker National Museum to go through all of the 1962 Production orders counting 4 Speed Hawks.

Just understand that it WAS a big selling feature and only the second year for 4 on the floor production at Studebaker who was just trying their best to keep up with the competition since 4 Speeds were very "IN" at the time, a good number would have been built.
    There were possibly less three speeds and Three Overdrives than 4 Speeds, but mostly Automatics.

Leave a comment:

• studeluvr
    started a topic 62 GT 4 spd

62 GT 4 spd

How could I find out the production numbers on 62 GT Hawks with 4 speed transmission. How rare are these?
Working...
X