Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got Leonard's old 52 out for a meeting Sunday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got Leonard's old 52 out for a meeting Sunday.

Busy few days. Friday and Saturday we were in Springfield and then Sunday afternoon the Studebakers of Arkansas chapter had our meeting in Conway. I followed Joe's Transtar over and back with no problems, but the ride was very hot. All the heater ducts are not in place and I was probably getting extra heat through the left air vent and up the heater core although there is no water passing through it. Sitting at red lights in traffic was miserable and we got caught at every one in Conway. For its part, the engine never got over 185 degrees or so in traffic. On the way back I think we got stopped at only one light and a thunderstorm nearby cooled the air somewhat. With the right inside vent door closed I was a bit more comfortable.
    The only Studebaker V-8 that I drove very much was the 289 automatic in my GT Hawk and I assumed that bigger was better. The 259 in this 52 is changing my mind. I am amazed at how peppy this car is and how it will accelerate on the highway when I step down on the throttle. I wonder how much tuning was done on this Edelbrock 4 barrel when Lenard installed it. I drove the car without the wheel covers and wondered if anyone noticed that the wheels don't match side to side.
    I wish I had pictures of some of the other members cars, but we came out of the building after they had gone. I did get pictures of the meeting and some of you may see some folks you recognize. As usual, I am not in the pictures and one member had to leave early. We had several regular members who did not make it to this meeting for various reasons.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

In pic #4 The couple withe their back to you He is a big boy and his wife is skinny. I have known them for years but didn't know their names. He bought a 39 in Colorado Springs.

Comment

That's Johnny and Debra Wade. I believe the car he bought was a 36, but I can't locate a picture right now. I do have a picture of Debra from our June meeting.
      Attached Files
      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Working...
      X