Flamingo paint for lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flamingo paint for lark

i found a company that makes this. i am buying it today because i plan to get a lark convertible in early spring of next year. i may not get a correct year car,but i love the color!-judy schultz

'Flamingo' really is a very distinctive Studebaker color....1961 only...factory paint code P-6114....was more common in the southern areas of the U.S....I remember buying a real nice 'Flamingo' 1961 Cruiser in Centre, Alabama years ago, and driving that baby home approx 1200 miles.

Comment

You might ask the paint company how long the paint will still be good sitting in the can. Some paints have a shorter shelf life that you would expect.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Paint Reference Web Site

Flamingo?

Do You live in Miami?

Click Here ==> Paint Cross Reference

This original "Flamingo" was sold in Tucson AZ. Oddly to a woman from Miami.. She now lives in Sierra Vista.

But please, just say no to Flamingo..

Last edited by SScopelli; 04-07-2015, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SN-60 View Post
          'Flamingo' really is a very distinctive Studebaker color....1961 only...factory paint code P-6114....was more common in the southern areas of the U.S....I remember buying a real nice 'Flamingo' 1961 Cruiser in Centre, Alabama years ago, and driving that baby home approx 1200 miles.
          I remember seeing a rather high percentage of '61 Larks in Alberta as well in Flamingo, and not any were convertibles; mostly sedans, and one hardtop.

Craig

Comment

I think The Flamingo color reflected the optimism of the times. We had a new, young President and a style setter First Lady and it seemed like the sky was the limit for the USA. Why not have some sharp colors from good old Studebaker? The Flamingo, Suntone , Blaze and Jade were right in there with the best of them!

Comment

tell shelf life of paint in there. i just bought it a few minutes ago from tcp global. excited. did i get the cart before the horse?? no!!! if for some reason i cant get a lark convertible in early spring, i will paint my little 66 serro scotty camper with it. but im planning, if all goes i will be iso a lark convertible in feb.2015..

Comment

tcp global has thousands of kinds of colors. that is where i got it.

Comment

Flamingo is cool.

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bordeaux Daytona; 08-20-2014, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Great color, I have two 61 Hawks that are that color, originally, now I just have to restore them.

Comment

i wouldn't think there would be a time problem with the paint, especially if you are going to use it next year.

but - it certainly wouldn't hurt to store it in a climate controlled environment (in the house), given your harsh winters...
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by studebakerjoe View Post
                        i found a company that makes this. i am buying it today because i plan to get a lark convertible in early spring of next year. i may not get a correct year car,but i love the color!-judy schultz
                        Year of the Lark you are looking to get?

Comment

Working...
                        X