Barn find, fuel injected Studebaker engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find, fuel injected Studebaker engine

Barn find, fuel injected Studebaker engine. Well I found it in my barn this morning, anyway. And it does have factory labeling from 1964 on it.

I removed the raised GTO lettering from GTO fuel rail covers, and installed Studebaker script from 1964.
    Attached Files
    sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Nice! I found one of those too!
    Attached Files
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I've been following your build with the custom frame. Real impressive.

If someone stuck this in a Hawk, they would only have to remove the 'O'..

Comment

Good find

Comment

Those barns keep eluding me!
          Bez Auto Alchemy
          573-318-8948
          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Looks Factory to me. Studebaker sure was ahead of its time.
            sals54

Comment

Looks good Gene, anything special above the std GTO (errr!! Stude GT) setup? Even if stock that a durn stout engine. Bob
              , ,

Comment

Why not put Pontiac script on it? Ain't it a Pontiac motor? cheers jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                  Why not put Pontiac script on it? Ain't it a Pontiac motor? cheers jimmijim
                  Probably because Studebaker didn't call their engines Chevrolet.

, ,

Comment

It's a Chevy they haven't made a Pontiac motor since 1974.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Dilling View Post
                      Nice! I found one of those too!
                      Where on earth did you find an R6?

Comment

Then a bow tie would do nicely. On the flip side Sweet Bobby, Can't we have a little bit of fun here without someone getting their thin skin chaffed. Do you think that Studebaker or Pontiac thought it to be in their best interests that they tell the consumers straight out they were getting the same engines as supplied to Chebby? I'm running Lincoln wheels on my car and the centers still sport the Lincoln insignia. Some people actually know where the wheels come from. cheers jimmijim
                        Originally posted by ST2DE5 View Post
                        It's a Chevy they haven't made a Pontiac motor since 1974.
                        Last edited by jimmijim8; 08-20-2014, 08:48 AM.
                        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

It's probably the engine Studebaker would be using today if they were still in business.
                          Unless they had been bought out by Fiat by now.
                          It looks great to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                            Looks good Gene, anything special above the std GTO (errr!! Stude GT) setup? Even if stock that a durn stout engine. Bob
                            Only change so far is LS7 exhaust manifolds/headers with chambered exhaust side pipes. Also LS7 air filter assembly in front of the radiator. This is a LS1 from a WS6, the GTO fuel rail covers I bought on the LS1tech forum. They are unique to 2004, the GTO's went to LS2 in 2005 with a similar cover, but mounts differently and corresponds to the later intake.

As far as your discussion of the 1965 Thunderbolt valve covers, we debated designing a vinyl decal with that name instead of the Studebaker script, as well as "346" instead of "283".

Always appreciate your input Bob, as well as everyone else that responded.
                            Last edited by grobb284; 08-20-2014, 09:27 AM.
                            sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Everyone knows they put Olds engines in Chevrolets! Or was it Chevrolet engines in Olds? Oh, well.

Comment

Working...
                              X