Sad Day...I sold my Daytona convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
    And how about the irony of Freddy Freeman's 1963 R2 Daytona Hardtop and Leonard Shepherd's 1964 Daytona Convertible both returning to Indiana under the market radar during the same week, within a radius of approximately 625 miles from the center of Indianapolis! 'Figure the odds! [:0][^] BP
    Or a 1904 Studebaker courting buggy headed the other way at a rate of speed never dreamed up by J.M.

Comment

• quote:Originally posted by BobPalma
      And how about the irony of Freddy Freeman's 1963 R2 Daytona Hardtop and Leonard Shepherd's 1964 Daytona Convertible both returning to Indiana under the market radar during the same week, within a radius of approximately 625 miles from the center of Indianapolis! 'Figure the odds! [:0][^] BP
      Or a 1904 Studebaker courting buggy headed the other way at a rate of speed never dreamed up by J.M.

Comment

• quote:
        Don't think I didn't consider that more than once while watching that thing bouncing along on an stiffly-sprung car trailer, Gary! [:0] BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• quote:
          Don't think I didn't consider that more than once while watching that thing bouncing along on an stiffly-sprung car trailer, Gary! [:0] BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Sorry to hear you had to sell your convertable Leonard.It sounds
            like it is going to a good home.Maybe some day you will be able
            to get another one.

Lenny
            Atlanta Ga.

Comment

• Sorry to hear you had to sell your convertable Leonard.It sounds
              like it is going to a good home.Maybe some day you will be able
              to get another one.

Lenny
              Atlanta Ga.

Comment

• When I returned home and had time to go thru the history of the car Freddy supplied me the receipts he had found pertaining to the car totaled $14,897.42(this does not include his original purchase price). there wasn't any oil changes, belts or hoses just mostly mechanical parts and the labor to blueprint and balance the engine.

As I told my wife we couldn't have started with a "solid" R2 car and finished it for the purchase price! The sticker shock was purchasing the 114 octane racing fuel, $5.39 per gallon. I thought back to what folks told me about owning an Avanti and again a vintage Corvette, "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.".

After owning the car for a couple weeks I have found several things that need to be tweaked to make it a reliable road car, so in the end I will have some hours in the car over the winter. Nancy loves the car and we have to hide the keys to keep my son out of it!

Bob here is a memory for you......... The Daytona was on the Southside "strip" last Friday night, Tony said the Mustang folks just shook their heads......... until they saw under the hood and then got a chance to see it under power.

Freddy sold it to the right family it will get driven and shown alot. We will be at the Meeting this weekend with both cars. After that I'm off to my real passion, deer hunting, for the next two months

It is an addiction!
                It is an addiction!

Comment

• When I returned home and had time to go thru the history of the car Freddy supplied me the receipts he had found pertaining to the car totaled $14,897.42(this does not include his original purchase price). there wasn't any oil changes, belts or hoses just mostly mechanical parts and the labor to blueprint and balance the engine.

As I told my wife we couldn't have started with a "solid" R2 car and finished it for the purchase price! The sticker shock was purchasing the 114 octane racing fuel, $5.39 per gallon. I thought back to what folks told me about owning an Avanti and again a vintage Corvette, "if you have to ask the price, you can't afford it.".

After owning the car for a couple weeks I have found several things that need to be tweaked to make it a reliable road car, so in the end I will have some hours in the car over the winter. Nancy loves the car and we have to hide the keys to keep my son out of it!

Bob here is a memory for you......... The Daytona was on the Southside "strip" last Friday night, Tony said the Mustang folks just shook their heads......... until they saw under the hood and then got a chance to see it under power.

Freddy sold it to the right family it will get driven and shown alot. We will be at the Meeting this weekend with both cars. After that I'm off to my real passion, deer hunting, for the next two months

It is an addiction!
                  It is an addiction!

Comment

Working...
                  X