Sad Day...I sold my Daytona convertible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad Day...I sold my Daytona convertible

I have underbid several jobs in my business and gotten myself in financial trouble, so I decided to sell my convertible.

I didn't want to do it but Bob Palma pulled me off of it and then took it with him! [:0]

Just Kidding...I couldn't think of anyone I would rather have my car than Bob.

Bob and his wife, Cari trailered a Studebaker buggy that Gary (Guido) had bought near where Bob lives. They unloaded the buggy in my yard and loaded up the Daytona.

Here is Bob and Gary pushing the buggy

The new owner getting in his car.

The Daytona on Bob's trailer

The Daytona going home to Indiana where it came from some 43 years ago.

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Very Sad, I'm sorry you had to sell her Leonard.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Very Sad, I'm sorry you had to sell her Leonard.

Randy_G
      1959 Lark Sedan
      www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Two Daytona's in one week headed home to Indiana! there is a unique link to both of these cars, but I'll let Bob tell the story.....

You see that smile on Bob's face.........

It is an addiction!
        It is an addiction!

Comment

Two Daytona's in one week headed home to Indiana! there is a unique link to both of these cars, but I'll let Bob tell the story.....

You see that smile on Bob's face.........

It is an addiction!
          It is an addiction!

Comment

Wow! Sorry to hear that, Leonard! Dang![V]

Of course - as you say, it couldn't have gone to better hands.[8)]

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Wow! Sorry to hear that, Leonard! Dang![V]

Of course - as you say, it couldn't have gone to better hands.[8)]

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

A little more about this story.

Back in early July I had found an ad for a Studebaker buggy in Indiana but never called on it due to the distance. When Leonard told me of the pending sale of his convertible several weeks ago, I went back on the 'net and saw the buggy was still for sale and within 20 miles of Bob's house.

I communicated with Bob and he was willing to bring it to me as he was dragging an empty trailer. I called the owner and got some pictures and decided to purchase the buggy. Since her son had been scammed with a counterfeit cashier's check on the sale of an ATV, she only wanted cash. On Saturday I set up a wire to Bob's account, he got the money on Monday and withdrew it and paid for and picked up the buggy.

It apparently caused quite a stir in his driveway and on the way here. When he stopped for gas near my property in Louisa County a fellow told him he had a friend that would pay $5000 for it [:0] (I have his number and 2 other buggies ).

Bob arrived at Leonard's and attempted to jockey the trailer around the driveway. While backing up he put the corner of the trailer into one of Leonards trees. [}][B)]

Unphased, he got the trailer straightened out and the buggy unloaded.

I can almost detect a tear in Leonard's eye. While Leonard has owned this car for 5 years, I have known it since 1974 when I took my first ride in it.

As you can see, the buggy appears to be in nice condition. The shafts have not been restored, but there are several buggy shops across the mountain in the Shenandoah Valley. As Leonard showed, it was a tug of war to see who would end up with the car.

In the end, it was Bob (and his check) that won out.

Comment

A little more about this story.

Back in early July I had found an ad for a Studebaker buggy in Indiana but never called on it due to the distance. When Leonard told me of the pending sale of his convertible several weeks ago, I went back on the 'net and saw the buggy was still for sale and within 20 miles of Bob's house.

I communicated with Bob and he was willing to bring it to me as he was dragging an empty trailer. I called the owner and got some pictures and decided to purchase the buggy. Since her son had been scammed with a counterfeit cashier's check on the sale of an ATV, she only wanted cash. On Saturday I set up a wire to Bob's account, he got the money on Monday and withdrew it and paid for and picked up the buggy.

It apparently caused quite a stir in his driveway and on the way here. When he stopped for gas near my property in Louisa County a fellow told him he had a friend that would pay $5000 for it [:0] (I have his number and 2 other buggies ).

Bob arrived at Leonard's and attempted to jockey the trailer around the driveway. While backing up he put the corner of the trailer into one of Leonards trees. [}][B)]

Unphased, he got the trailer straightened out and the buggy unloaded.

I can almost detect a tear in Leonard's eye. While Leonard has owned this car for 5 years, I have known it since 1974 when I took my first ride in it.

As you can see, the buggy appears to be in nice condition. The shafts have not been restored, but there are several buggy shops across the mountain in the Shenandoah Valley. As Leonard showed, it was a tug of war to see who would end up with the car.

In the end, it was Bob (and his check) that won out.

Comment

I understand what your going through completely. Very nice buggy.

Comment

I understand what your going through completely. Very nice buggy.

Comment

Why doesn't anybody show up and leave a Studebaker buggy in MY driveway??? I have room and very few trees.
                        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Why doesn't anybody show up and leave a Studebaker buggy in MY driveway??? I have room and very few trees.
                          "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
                            In this shot, Bob has just informed Leonard that he plans to install a 350 Chevy in the convert [:0] [8] [B)] [}]

Sorry to hear you sold it, Leonard...but you couldn't have found it a better home [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude
                              In this shot, Bob has just informed Leonard that he plans to install a 350 Chevy in the convert [:0] [8] [B)] [}]

Sorry to hear you sold it, Leonard...but you couldn't have found it a better home [^]

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X