New Addition to the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Addition to the Family

I've had this car for a month or so, but just got around to cleaning it up this week. Still needs lots of details, but now I can start driving it some more. Its a 289, 4 bbl, 3 spd Standard w/OD, power steering, power brakes, radio, hill holder...... Belonged to a friend of the family who is ill and downsizing, so we were more than pleased to be allowed to purchase the car. Wide Whitewalls are on the list of things to do in the near future. Interior door panels are rough- the silver mylar panels are shot. Anyone have an idea of where to get replacement material for this??
    Enjoy, Evan

Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Looks like a keeper ... did you ever get your '61 sold?
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

That is a stylin' ride! I can't think I've seen a nicer flamingo colored car.

Comment

I think Rene Harger can supply the mylar for your door trims.

1956 models are fast becoming popular!

Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
          Looks like a keeper ... did you ever get your '61 sold?
          I still have the 61- I guess nobody likes it- lowered my price to 5900 for a done- drive-anywhere car. Hopefully someone will come along that likes it.
          Last edited by fargoguy; 08-15-2014, 09:35 AM.
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Tangerine is one of my favorite colors for the 56.
            RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
            10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
            10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
            4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
            5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
            56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
            60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Very nice car, Evan; congratulations. Incidentally, the color is simply calledTangerine (and it looks really nice two-toned with Snowcap White on that car, BTW).

1961 Flamingo had more of a pinkish cast to it than does 1956 Tangerine. BP?
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I really like your 56. very nice. cheers jimmijim
                sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

That is a gorgeous '56! The color really embodies the mid-'50s ethos.

I like your '61, too. Is that Autumn Haze?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                    Very nice car, Evan; congratulations. Incidentally, the color is simply calledTangerine (and it looks really nice two-toned with Snowcap White on that car, BTW).

1961 Flamingo had more of a pinkish cast to it than does 1956 Tangerine. BP?
                    You bet, Tangerine and Snowcap- it was Leo who called it Flamingo. Love the color- always have. My girls call it the pink car- I'm training them to say Tangerine instead, but at 6 and 8, it may take them some time to get it right.
                    Evan Davis
                    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

No offense intended. It is an unusual color and flamingo is the closest I thought it appeared. Anyone else has a tangerine car, feel free to add it to the photo tree.

Comment

Last edited by Carl Purdy; 08-15-2014, 02:58 PM.

Comment

ST2DE5 you are teasing us, please show us the rest of that beautiful car. WOW!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X