No announcement yet.

Introducing: Gertie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love those wide whites, I wish I had a set on my 1959 2 dr sedan, I believe that color blue is Alaskin Blue of which I have a brand new quart of.

Randy_G
    1959 Lark Sedan
    www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

I love those wide whites, I wish I had a set on my 1959 2 dr sedan, I believe that color blue is Alaskin Blue of which I have a brand new quart of.

Randy_G
      1959 Lark Sedan
      www.AutomotiveHistoryOnline.com

Comment

Wow, looking forward to seeing the progress, and even more, the finished product! I agree, that blue paint and wide whites really make the car! (And make me want one!)

I've only dreamed about one of those Stage 4 engines from the Cathcarts. Be SURE to post pics of that thing when you get it, as well as a report on the performance! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Wow, looking forward to seeing the progress, and even more, the finished product! I agree, that blue paint and wide whites really make the car! (And make me want one!)

I've only dreamed about one of those Stage 4 engines from the Cathcarts. Be SURE to post pics of that thing when you get it, as well as a report on the performance! [8D]

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I'll definitely be posting plenty of pics for everyone to see; till then, here's some pictures of the Stage 4 I ordered:

http://cathcartsstudebaker.com/EnginePictures.htm

Picture this, but in a different, non-stock color (probably red)[8D]

I also passed on the finned head for something like $800 extra[xx(] And availability is limited by whether the supplier is making them at the time.

Also, Matthew: I've always enjoyed letting others take a spin behind the wheel of the different cars I've had- even the high-end race cars (with a little training!). I enjoyed having your Grandfather and Gord take Molly for a spin at SB and giving their thoughts! Part of what I want to do with Gertie is to build something that's easy to drive, so lots of people can try it out.

So when Gertie's together, she'll have more than a few operators giving her a go! And a few people have wondered what the Cathcart flattie's got, so we'll all be able to find out[8D] I look forward to letting all my fellow Stude lovers have a chance to drive her; and that of course includes you![^]

So if any of you want to drive Gertie, see us at Lancaster; if you want to drive one of the oval-track cars I raced, you'll have to make it to central NY; I'll hook you up!

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'll definitely be posting plenty of pics for everyone to see; till then, here's some pictures of the Stage 4 I ordered:

http://cathcartsstudebaker.com/EnginePictures.htm

Picture this, but in a different, non-stock color (probably red)[8D]

I also passed on the finned head for something like $800 extra[xx(] And availability is limited by whether the supplier is making them at the time.

Also, Matthew: I've always enjoyed letting others take a spin behind the wheel of the different cars I've had- even the high-end race cars (with a little training!). I enjoyed having your Grandfather and Gord take Molly for a spin at SB and giving their thoughts! Part of what I want to do with Gertie is to build something that's easy to drive, so lots of people can try it out.

So when Gertie's together, she'll have more than a few operators giving her a go! And a few people have wondered what the Cathcart flattie's got, so we'll all be able to find out[8D] I look forward to letting all my fellow Stude lovers have a chance to drive her; and that of course includes you![^]

So if any of you want to drive Gertie, see us at Lancaster; if you want to drive one of the oval-track cars I raced, you'll have to make it to central NY; I'll hook you up!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Gosh, I knew you guys had long winters but man thats a tall order. Makes me wish I had a winter to go thru.............NOT!!!
                Russ
                quote:Originally posted by bams50

Here's Gertie, the next one in the shop:

[59 Lark VI, 6 cyl. Auto.

She came from JP in July. Runs and drives; new brakes and exhaust. Front clip loosely installed. Decent body- needs some floor work, replacement fenders are doped up. Interior shot. Pretty much complete.

Plan is to restore over Winter, starting now. The engine runs, but seems a little tired. I ordered one of Bill Cathcart's Stage 4 engines; will pick it up at York if it's done. ([:0] Keeping it 6 cylinder?!? Heaven forfend!!) The original FOM seems to work OK, but will go through it while the engine's out; so she'll be a flattie with a flighty[)]

I'll be replacing the Ross steering box with the box and column from a 62. Also be going to a dual M/C via the Turner Brake kit.

We'll get her in the garage and pull the front clip. Next will be the engine and trans. Then all interior comes out, and windshield and rear window in preparation for new headliner. We'll get the floors patched and POR-15'ed. Any body work will be done, including removing rear fenders, clean and POR-15, and reinstall. Old weatherstrip removed, new replacements purchased. Once engine is in, front clip will be cut-in and installed, engine compartment detailed and sealed up, all body panels aligned, prepped and painted (same blue). Headliner, windlace, and windows installed, then carpet and hidden stereo. Seats recovered- not sure whether as original or different material. New door and kick panels. Still deciding between the full wheel covers, or poverty caps- but DEFINITELY wide whites![^]

The goal is to have it fully roadworthy and hopefully mostly together by Lancaster. My plan is not to build a trailer queen, but a solid daily driver. Bill Cathcart's upgrades should make it a decent little road car.

I'l probably post links to any new pics here instead of the actual pics in deference to our poor old dial-uppers (like me![:I]).

Above schedule subject to change due to business commitments- and if JP sends me anything of his to work on[8D]

And awaaay we go!

Parish, central NY 13131

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
                57 SH (project)
                60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                57 SH (project)

Comment

Gosh, I knew you guys had long winters but man thats a tall order. Makes me wish I had a winter to go thru.............NOT!!!
                  Russ
                  quote:Originally posted by bams50

Here's Gertie, the next one in the shop:

[59 Lark VI, 6 cyl. Auto.

She came from JP in July. Runs and drives; new brakes and exhaust. Front clip loosely installed. Decent body- needs some floor work, replacement fenders are doped up. Interior shot. Pretty much complete.

Plan is to restore over Winter, starting now. The engine runs, but seems a little tired. I ordered one of Bill Cathcart's Stage 4 engines; will pick it up at York if it's done. ([:0] Keeping it 6 cylinder?!? Heaven forfend!!) The original FOM seems to work OK, but will go through it while the engine's out; so she'll be a flattie with a flighty[)]

I'll be replacing the Ross steering box with the box and column from a 62. Also be going to a dual M/C via the Turner Brake kit.

We'll get her in the garage and pull the front clip. Next will be the engine and trans. Then all interior comes out, and windshield and rear window in preparation for new headliner. We'll get the floors patched and POR-15'ed. Any body work will be done, including removing rear fenders, clean and POR-15, and reinstall. Old weatherstrip removed, new replacements purchased. Once engine is in, front clip will be cut-in and installed, engine compartment detailed and sealed up, all body panels aligned, prepped and painted (same blue). Headliner, windlace, and windows installed, then carpet and hidden stereo. Seats recovered- not sure whether as original or different material. New door and kick panels. Still deciding between the full wheel covers, or poverty caps- but DEFINITELY wide whites![^]

The goal is to have it fully roadworthy and hopefully mostly together by Lancaster. My plan is not to build a trailer queen, but a solid daily driver. Bill Cathcart's upgrades should make it a decent little road car.

I'l probably post links to any new pics here instead of the actual pics in deference to our poor old dial-uppers (like me![:I]).

Above schedule subject to change due to business commitments- and if JP sends me anything of his to work on[8D]

And awaaay we go!

Parish, central NY 13131

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
                  57 SH (project)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
                  53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
                  57 SH (project)

Comment

Well, my goal is the Lancaster meet; so that's 11 months. Even if it's not finished, it'll certainly be drivable by then!

(At least that's the plan!)

Of course, I'm planning to drive her around some before then... gotta work out the bugs [8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Well, my goal is the Lancaster meet; so that's 11 months. Even if it's not finished, it'll certainly be drivable by then!

(At least that's the plan!)

Of course, I'm planning to drive her around some before then... gotta work out the bugs [8D]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Russ- Could I ask a BIG favor?

Would you edit your post to delete the links to my two photos? There's no need to repeat them, and they make the thread needlessly long for us dial-uppers to download[xx(] And for everyone else, it's no fun to have to scroll past multiple repeats of quoted text not related to the subsequent posts.

Those of us stuck with dial-up THANK YOU!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Russ- Could I ask a BIG favor?

Would you edit your post to delete the links to my two photos? There's no need to repeat them, and they make the thread needlessly long for us dial-uppers to download[xx(] And for everyone else, it's no fun to have to scroll past multiple repeats of quoted text not related to the subsequent posts.

Those of us stuck with dial-up THANK YOU!!

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Working...
                          X