Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldham Auction results ???? Anyone buy one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldham Auction results ???? Anyone buy one?

I've been watching this auction with modest curiosity. I didn't plan on bidding but after looking at the final prices including the CE which all seemed to sell at better than reasonable prices, I'm curious if any of the forum members that planned on bidding were successful.

If so, Well bought!!! Bob
    , ,

I Saw, I Bid. AND!

I won this box of throttle bodies..

If you look real close you can see the GEM of the Lot..

It is a WCFB carburetor.. WOW for $65!

Click image for larger version

Name:	465-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	1691726

Comment

What's that odd thing thay looks like a supercharger bracket?

Comment

It is an R2Lark / Hawk bracket.....that's all!!!!
        Bez Auto Alchemy
        573-318-8948
        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I got a couple auctions
          Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
          1961 Hawk 4-speed
          1967 Avanti
          1961 Lark 2 door
          1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

SScopelli, I saw that bracket and was watching it for a week. I got so screwed up bidding on an item that closed a minute earlier that I ran out of time bidding on your boxes. Let me know if you want to sell the bracket and make a few bucks.

Comment

Bid on a bunch and only got the 38 pres headlights.

Comment

What did the CE bring? Steve
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
                  What did the CE bring? Steve
                  I believe it went for $7200.
                  But the Avanti's went for 6750 to 9500.
                  I would be surprised if they sold for that. It didn't list the auction as no reserve.
                  I was wanting to bid on the Avanti dash but had jumped to $245,so I let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by Samjoe View Post
                    I believe it went for $7200.
                    But the Avanti's went for 6750 to 9500.
                    I would be surprised if they sold for that. It didn't list the auction as no reserve.
                    I was wanting to bid on the Avanti dash but had jumped to $245,so I let it go.
                    The Avantis did sell cheap!!! It was listed as a no reserve auction in the fine print at the beginning. I started bidding on the red convertible but dropped out after my grandson made a request yesterday for some help with some unexpected college expenses. Thought that might be a better investment politically(family) than acquiring that beautiful red beast.

I did get one of the spotlights....don't know why I bid on it.....that I have no use for. Will be up for sale if anyone wants one.
                    Last edited by snowy_buffalo; 08-12-2014, 08:44 AM. Reason: added info
                    \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
                    \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                      SScopelli, I saw that bracket and was watching it for a week. I got so screwed up bidding on an item that closed a minute earlier that I ran out of time bidding on your boxes. Let me know if you want to sell the bracket and make a few bucks.
                      Sorry, I was just kicking the hornets nest, so to speak.

I was more interested in seeing if anyone else saw that box of stuff for what it was. Good job on being one of them.

Not only is there a Lark/Hawk SC Bracket, but the SC elbow under the idler pulley. Just goes to show what you might find in a box of used parts.
                      I doubt the cam is a R1 cam as it is too rusty looking.

The SC Bracket and elbow will be a welcomed item for "The Whistler"

NOTE: I don't like using the word junk when looking at a persons collection. I tend to see it more as a lot of interesting stories.

Comment

The sad part is that they sold his "stuff and prized possessions" to pay for his nursing home expenses.
                        Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                        1967 Avanti
                        1961 Lark 2 door
                        1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

LOL.... We had family visitors this past Saturday. T'was a BIL and neice from Michigan. This BIL makes a fat 6-figure income off his engineering company, and their new home looks like it's right off of Better Homes and Gardens front cover. He hadn't been here since the very early 90s, but had heard about the vast piles of old car parts I had accumulated - now partly gone, of course. Before he left, he lamented that he'd missed seeing all those fenders and doors and such that he'd heard about. He was serious about that. Go figure.
                          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I looked up the auction results.

black sedan - $9500 @ 6:57 PM, I dropped out earlier

white sedan - $6790 @ 6:57 PM different bidder no. I was out bid by one $100 increment

'87 convert. - $6350

'88 convert - $9K

All of these are plus the 10% buyer's premium.

I was also the high bidder on an Inside Facts. I was beat by a $2 increment at 7:55 PM.

The high cost of shipping is what kept me from being competitive with those closer to the auction.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

[QUOTE=studegary;862778]I looked up the auction results.

black sedan - $9500 @ 6:57 PM, I dropped out earlier

white sedan - $6790 @ 6:57 PM different bidder no. I was out bid by one $100 increment

'87 convert. - $6350

'88 convert - $9K

All of these are plus the 10% buyer's premium.

1) What do members think, are these prices low, high or on target???
                              2) Do you think this kind of online auction is a good thing or would have other methods such as Ebay given better results?
                              Milt

1961 Hawk 4-speed
                              1967 Avanti
                              1961 Lark 2 door
                              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

Working...
                              X