Crossroads Zone Meet - Dundee, MI Aug 8-9, '14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossroads Zone Meet - Dundee, MI Aug 8-9, '14

I like to thank all of the attendees to this year's CZM in the Village of Dundee, Michigan this past weekend.
    The last time that we (the Western Lake Erie Chapter) hosted a big event was the 31st Int'l SDC Meet in Dearborn, MI in 1995.
    I was a great one but, we weren't sure if we were ready to try that again but did consider hosting a Zone Meet.
    We saw the success of the recent Crossroads Zone Meets in Frankenmuth, South Bend & Chillicothe and decided to GO FOR IT.
    It was 18 months "in the making" and lots of work but well worth the effort. It turned out better than we planned.
    All of you folks, from near & far, are the reason that this meet was a big success. You really showed us just how much you care about our hobby.
    The weather was perfect, the people were awesome, the vehicles (quality & quantity) were really unbelievable.
    The numbers are: 85 Registrations, 65 Vehicles (including 9 Avantis), 89 to the Awards Banquet & 110 at the Fri PM Ice Cream Social.
    Many, many, many thanks to our WLEC Members who helped with this event and to the Members of our sister Northeastern Michigan Chapter who supported our efforts. Looking forward to next year's CZM in June 2015 in Chillicothe, Ohio.

Keeping the Studebaker & Avanti Faith, Harvey Snitzer - 2014 CZM Chairman
    StudeBakerHarv
    * 1950 Champion Starlight Coupe (Cathcart Stg 4 Engine)
    * 1971 Avanti II (RQB-1659).

Great meet Harv , you and your crew did a fantastic job for sure ....no complaints from here that's for sure and I just happened to be at your '95 meet as well and that one is my favorite International ever ( even if it rained all day on the judging field......totally out of the organizers hands )......good job
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

My wife and I attened the meet along with her cousin who we took along also. GREAT meet and absoloute beautiful weather. Great job to all involved!
      sigpicIt is an addiction!

Comment

Harvey,

Great job! Robin and I had a super time. You and the entire WLEC team put on an awesome show and we had a really great time. Nicely done, thanks much!
        Neil

1964 Daytona Convertible
        1964 Daytona Hardtop
        1962 Champ Truck
        1957 Golden Hawk

Comment

Here's a few pics from Saturday. Sadly mine wasn't able to be there (only 20 miles from home to boot).Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1691735Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	1691736Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	1691737Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1691738
          sigpic

Packardbakerly,
          J.D.

Comment

Great meet Harvey. good location. Had a good time.
            sigpic
            55 President Deluxe
            64 Commander
            66 Cruiser

37 Oldsmobile F37 4 Door

Comment

Working...
            X