Looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking

Hello all. New member here. I have been into Corvairs for a while and have two nice ones. I would like to have a hotter running car with some torque, though. I knew back in the 50's that
    studes would run good. My mother had a nice Packard Patrician with a STRONG 352 in it. I'm in Louisville, KY. I think I am looking for a 53-54 Commander? I love the Golden Hawks and would think they would run strong. I am not a good body man so I need one that is ready to drive but doesn't have to be a 90 point show car. Looks like that fellow out west buying cars is going to run the market up for a while but surely a hot coupe is within dring distance. Any help would be appreciated.(my high school friend won the Summer Nationals about 1965 or 1966 in a 53 Stude and ran M stock. He and his dad knew all of the tricks but I can locate them now).

Ernie,
    Welcome to the Forum. If you've joined the Studebaker Drivers Club you will soon be receiving TURNING WHEELS magazine. There are always a couple dozen vehicles in there for sale. It's a good place to start looking. Plus, the articles and vendor links will help with the little things you'll need to know.

If you haven't joined, use the thread at the top of the topic page that says "Join right here-right now".

Hope we can help you out.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Ernie,
      Welcome to the Forum. If you've joined the Studebaker Drivers Club you will soon be receiving TURNING WHEELS magazine. There are always a couple dozen vehicles in there for sale. It's a good place to start looking. Plus, the articles and vendor links will help with the little things you'll need to know.

If you haven't joined, use the thread at the top of the topic page that says "Join right here-right now".

Hope we can help you out.

Brad Johnson
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Ernie, welcome to the world of Studebakers. Your quest for a 53-54 Commander coupe or hardtop won't be an easy one. Especially if you want one that's got a nice body and runs fairly well.
        Figure if you see one like that on ebay, you're gonna be paying five figures for it easy. Finding one "within driving distance" will be shear luck![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ernie, welcome to the world of Studebakers. Your quest for a 53-54 Commander coupe or hardtop won't be an easy one. Especially if you want one that's got a nice body and runs fairly well.
          Figure if you see one like that on ebay, you're gonna be paying five figures for it easy. Finding one "within driving distance" will be shear luck![:I]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Working...
          X