Studebaker international raising prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker international raising prices

If you have the existing catalog and are going to order parts, be sure to either go on line or call for current prices. I was going to order the chrome exhaust tips for my Avanti which were priced at $45 each last month. They are now $60 each. Guess I'll be getting my existing ones re-chromed. This is just so you don't get a shock when you check your credit card bill.
    Avantidave
    1978 Avanti II

No surprises there.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I just placed an order online yesterday noticed that also. There were a few things that had gone up by $5 to $10, not a huge deal.

What shocked me was carpet had gone up from around $250 to $310. So I just didn't order it.

Comment

Originally posted by davette59 View Post
        If you have the existing catalog and are going to order parts, be sure to either go on line or call for current prices. I was going to order the chrome exhaust tips for my Avanti which were priced at $45 each last month. They are now $60 each. Guess I'll be getting my existing ones re-chromed. This is just so you don't get a shock when you check your credit card bill.
        Just a thought Dave, but you might want to check the price of re-chroming before you put down the order blank. Bob
        , ,

Comment

I wish we had some fore warning of the price increase, we could have ordered while the cost was less. I guess what I don't understand is that many of these items are the same ones that were bought by SI years before and their cost on these items already in stock should not have increased that much. I do understand that overhead and cost of doing business goes up somewhat but not 30% or more. It's like the gas stations that buy gas at $3.00 a gallon and store it in these huge tanks and when the price goes up they sell it for the increased cost of $3.80 even though they paid a lot less.
          I do, however, love SI and they have always treated me very well. I guess I'm just bitter about the greed of big business such as selling the same old product, using a much smaller container selling it for the same price, while putting the " new and improved" label on it.
          Oh Well! Fun to just rant once in a while. I guess I'll probably get blasted for speaking my mind but that's OK.
          Avantidave
          1978 Avanti II

Comment

I had my headlight trim re-chromed for half of what the new ones cost, but I'm sure that's not always the case.
            Avantidave
            1978 Avanti II

Comment

The price on everything seems to just keep going up. Everything but wages they go down. I just had a price to have my tail light housings rechrome by Jerry here on the site and chrome work is not cheap. What I do like about it is the part was made here in the USA and will fit and I know Jerrys chorme will last as long as it did from studebaker. Not like the stuff from over seas that you have to butcher to make fit and 2 years later it's all pitted and peeling.

Comment

I noticed the price increase at Dover when I went to by some trim pieces. When I mentioned it to Ed he said all prices were going up but he gave me the parts at the old prices.

Comment

SI is a family run business, specializing in STUDEBAKERS! Everything seems to be going up again, so I am not suprised by the increases, but it will not stop me from buying parts from them as their parts availability and customer service is excellent.

Comment

Parts for your new car are much more expensive. Ed' can't live off his good looks alone! He has to pay rent heat and wages to help just like any good business. Do you want his help to starve?
                    At least we have parts!
                    Bez Auto Alchemy
                    573-318-8948
                    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Utilities go up, real estate taxes go up, business taxes go up, health care insurance costs go up...and on and on. That has to be recovered somehow to maintain profitability and keep employees in their jobs. If past retails are maintained and SI becomes unprofitable to the point of going under...who are they helping?
                      Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Ed's prices have been static for several years and remain more than competitive on parts like water pumps that can be had elsewhere. We did a save from the crusher on a '62 Galaxie convertible 2 years ago and I quickly appreciated SI pricing. You would have thought everything we bought for that car was made of gold!

Praise God for the sources we are blessed with.

Comment

i agree with BRUCESTUDE, Brad Bez, Mr. B (Gunslinger) and Mervin (mmagic)!!!

i use the "latest" S.I. catalog to look up parts, then purchase online. i did notice the Avanti exhaust tip (AC-3339) was priced as "Davette59" stated - $45 in the catalog and $60 online.

so, what can be done? perhaps Mr. Reynolds could start making a yearly catalog available - at a higher catalog purchase price to provide for the labor costs of doing so. not to mention many parts that are still being accounted for and may be added. or he could "dump" the catalog and go totally online. that would "tick off" a bunch of "us" in the Studebaker world that don't (or won't) use a computer. there is no easy solution.

i appreciate S.I. and all other Studebaker Vendors that provide us with what we need - in a professional manner!
                          Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

I don't have a copy of the most recent SI catalog close, but I would think it would have a disclaimer the prices are subject to change.
                            Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunslinger View Post
                              I don't have a copy of the most recent SI catalog close, but I would think it would have a disclaimer the prices are subject to change.
                              Page 4, lower left hand corner.
                              Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Working...
                              X