Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avanti Body Inventory--Molded Fiberglass Report Purchased at South Bend International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti Body Inventory--Molded Fiberglass Report Purchased at South Bend International

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
    I believe it was at the 2012 SDC Intl Meet in South Bend that Dennis Lambert had for sale an original document sent by MFG in Ashtabula to Nate Altman providing a very detailed listing of all Avanti bodies and other components that they had in inventory. The report was quite comprehensive and included data on numerous complete bodies with the body numbers and further notes on the condition of these bodies with minutiae on any irregularities or imperfections. It is my recollection that the report was dated in late 1964 (maybe Dec). While I had hoped to purchase this from Dennis it got away from me when I was distracted.
    That'll disrupt your hobby pursuits every time, Dick:

BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Did it have Vehicle Inspection Reports in it that looked like these ones? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=resin (Posts 17 & 27)

And who is Dan Booth? Does he have these available for sale? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=apple

Craig
      Last edited by 8E45E; 08-07-2014, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Dick it was me. I have the MFG file and the Raymond Loewy files from Avanti Motors here in my collection. The MFG file was very helpful in filling in the Avanti Motor Corporation portion of the MFG body story.
        John Hull

Comment

Originally posted by Avantict View Post
          Dick it was me. I have the MFG file and the Raymond Loewy files from Avanti Motors here in my collection. The MFG file was very helpful in filling in the Avanti Motor Corporation portion of the MFG body story.
          Great, glad it got to the right person.
          Richard Quinn
          Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Take really good care of it John! (We know you will)

Comment

The article in Turning Wheels was the 2nd of three body articles . i can send the PDF file of #3 the detailed listing of the first 80 Avanti II builds by body number and AMC serial number to anyone who is interested.

Send email titled AMC Bodies to avantifromct@aol.com

Regards and thanks for the kind words.
              John Hull

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                /Cut/And who is Dan Booth? Does he have these available for sale? http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=apple
                Craig
                Isn't that the owner of Nostalgic Avanti in Wixom, MI?

Avanti Lady on eBay.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  Isn't that the owner of Nostalgic Avanti in Wixom, MI? Avanti Lady on eBay.
                  You are correct.
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                  X