Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reliable, affordable auto shipping to Canada?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Looks like it is time for Decimal Dude to reappear. Five years ago today (10/17/02) the Canadian Dollar was worth $.63593 U.S. Today it is worth $1.02711.
    You might have a new job as FX guy [8D].

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

Looks like it is time for Decimal Dude to reappear. Five years ago today (10/17/02) the Canadian Dollar was worth $.63593 U.S. Today it is worth $1.02711.

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
        Cool beans! Can you go ahead an pick up that Avanti II and I can pay you back with my earnings?

On a more serious note I used the low exchange rate to pick up a bunch of tractors (mostly Cockshutts and the Oliver crawler I wrote about getting across the border before). I could probably sell them back now and buy a couple of more Studebakers.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
          Cool beans! Can you go ahead an pick up that Avanti II and I can pay you back with my earnings?

On a more serious note I used the low exchange rate to pick up a bunch of tractors (mostly Cockshutts and the Oliver crawler I wrote about getting across the border before). I could probably sell them back now and buy a couple of more Studebakers.

Comment

It's just like Christmas here for us old car guys. I never thought I'd see the day where our dollar was worth more. Lots of new cars are being purchased in the U.S. by Canadians too. A guy up here can save 20 grand buying a new Vette in the U.S. The gov't and automakers are trying to come up with ways to curb the flow.
            Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

It's just like Christmas here for us old car guys. I never thought I'd see the day where our dollar was worth more. Lots of new cars are being purchased in the U.S. by Canadians too. A guy up here can save 20 grand buying a new Vette in the U.S. The gov't and automakers are trying to come up with ways to curb the flow.
              Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
              X