Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tstclr
    replied
    That car IS an exact twin to my car-same options (or lack of) too!

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    That car IS an exact twin to my car-same options (or lack of) too!

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Bob; it isn't that it is BAD, it's just that, when you know about all the Stude. options and possibilities, you go for the BEST! The '56-'62 Lark 6's had the the Cast Iron case Flight-O-Matic, the same as a V-8 but with the low gear start, IF I were going to own and drive a 6 cyl. I would opt for the stronger of the two!

The other reason is that the cast Iron case units are very similar to the Ford-O-Matics making parts easier to find, than for the limited usage Rambler 6 transmission.

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

The model 35 is a problem?
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Bob; it isn't that it is BAD, it's just that, when you know about all the Stude. options and possibilities, you go for the BEST! The '56-'62 Lark 6's had the the Cast Iron case Flight-O-Matic, the same as a V-8 but with the low gear start, IF I were going to own and drive a 6 cyl. I would opt for the stronger of the two!

The other reason is that the cast Iron case units are very similar to the Ford-O-Matics making parts easier to find, than for the limited usage Rambler 6 transmission.

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Anne,
    This car has been for sale on craigslist previously. I think they were only asking 300 or 400 for it if I remember right. I just did not have the room nor the time to deal with it. I think the owners name is Hiedi. Good luck on finding it a new home.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    Anne,
    This car has been for sale on craigslist previously. I think they were only asking 300 or 400 for it if I remember right. I just did not have the room nor the time to deal with it. I think the owners name is Hiedi. Good luck on finding it a new home.

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Bob,

I've never owned a T-35 tranny IN A STUDE. But I've owned 4 Rambler Classics with a 232cu.in. 6 in them and all had the T-35 for a gearbox. They all got a workout while I owned them and I never had a problem.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    Bob,

I've never owned a T-35 tranny IN A STUDE. But I've owned 4 Rambler Classics with a 232cu.in. 6 in them and all had the T-35 for a gearbox. They all got a workout while I owned them and I never had a problem.

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I'd love to get my hands on that dash!

Note ignition switch in common "retracted" position

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    I'd love to get my hands on that dash!

Note ignition switch in common "retracted" position

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    To summarize what we know, up to now (5 O-Clock NBC News style!):

This is a 1963 Stude. Lark 6 Regal 2dr. sedan (63S-F4) with OHV 170 engine, Flight-O-Matic Trans, Green Mist with standard Green cloth & vinyl interior, Climatizer and Automatic may be the only options. No Clock, Radio, bumper guards, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning or tinted glass. Pretty much standard for a lower level 2dr. Sedan especially a 6.

Only downside would be if you repaired and drove it, the lightweight aluminum case type AS Transmission would not be the best long term low cost driver, because of strength, dependability and repair cost issues.

Has fair dash, very nice steering wheel, body looks quite straight except decklid, surface rust on the front clip only.

This would restore and become a Super Lark R1 or R2 clone very nicely, GOOD find Anne![^] Now to find out if it's for sale! [}][]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    To summarize what we know, up to now (5 O-Clock NBC News style!):

This is a 1963 Stude. Lark 6 Regal 2dr. sedan (63S-F4) with OHV 170 engine, Flight-O-Matic Trans, Green Mist with standard Green cloth & vinyl interior, Climatizer and Automatic may be the only options. No Clock, Radio, bumper guards, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning or tinted glass. Pretty much standard for a lower level 2dr. Sedan especially a 6.

Only downside would be if you repaired and drove it, the lightweight aluminum case type AS Transmission would not be the best long term low cost driver, because of strength, dependability and repair cost issues.

Has fair dash, very nice steering wheel, body looks quite straight except decklid, surface rust on the front clip only.

This would restore and become a Super Lark R1 or R2 clone very nicely, GOOD find Anne![^] Now to find out if it's for sale! [}][]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• tstclr
    replied
    Looks like a twin to my 63- Green Mist Lark Regal!
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Leave a comment:

Working...
X