Clear All

I'd love to get my hands on that dash!

Note ignition switch in common "retracted" position

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Bob,

I've never owned a T-35 tranny IN A STUDE. But I've owned 4 Rambler Classics with a 232cu.in. 6 in them and all had the T-35 for a gearbox. They all got a workout while I owned them and I never had a problem.

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Bob,

I've never owned a T-35 tranny IN A STUDE. But I've owned 4 Rambler Classics with a 232cu.in. 6 in them and all had the T-35 for a gearbox. They all got a workout while I owned them and I never had a problem.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Anne,
          This car has been for sale on craigslist previously. I think they were only asking 300 or 400 for it if I remember right. I just did not have the room nor the time to deal with it. I think the owners name is Hiedi. Good luck on finding it a new home.
          sals54

Comment

Anne,
            This car has been for sale on craigslist previously. I think they were only asking 300 or 400 for it if I remember right. I just did not have the room nor the time to deal with it. I think the owners name is Hiedi. Good luck on finding it a new home.
            sals54

Comment

Bob; it isn't that it is BAD, it's just that, when you know about all the Stude. options and possibilities, you go for the BEST! The '56-'62 Lark 6's had the the Cast Iron case Flight-O-Matic, the same as a V-8 but with the low gear start, IF I were going to own and drive a 6 cyl. I would opt for the stronger of the two!

The other reason is that the cast Iron case units are very similar to the Ford-O-Matics making parts easier to find, than for the limited usage Rambler 6 transmission.

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

The model 35 is a problem?
              StudeRich
              Studebakers Northwest
              Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bob; it isn't that it is BAD, it's just that, when you know about all the Stude. options and possibilities, you go for the BEST! The '56-'62 Lark 6's had the the Cast Iron case Flight-O-Matic, the same as a V-8 but with the low gear start, IF I were going to own and drive a 6 cyl. I would opt for the stronger of the two!

The other reason is that the cast Iron case units are very similar to the Ford-O-Matics making parts easier to find, than for the limited usage Rambler 6 transmission.

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

The model 35 is a problem?
                StudeRich
                Studebakers Northwest
                Ferndale, WA
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

That car IS an exact twin to my car-same options (or lack of) too!

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

That car IS an exact twin to my car-same options (or lack of) too!

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Working...
                    X