No announcement yet.

What year is this Lark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you see what happens when you don't have a battery hold-down...the squirrels take over! [:0] BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Well, you see what happens when you don't have a battery hold-down...the squirrels take over! [:0] BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

My guess is the squirrels are using the battery hold-down to crack all those nuts! They look like they are pretty busy.

Glad to see they haven't wrecked the dash cover - many '63 owners would love to get thier hands on it...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
        [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
        [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/th7E7-11-20021.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobPalma

My guess is the squirrels are using the battery hold-down to crack all those nuts! They look like they are pretty busy.

Glad to see they haven't wrecked the dash cover - many '63 owners would love to get thier hands on it...

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
          [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
          [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/th7E7-11-20021.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

Take a good look at that steering wheel, has to be fairly low mileage.

JDP/Maryland
            64 R2 GT cost to date
            $59856.52
            63 GT Hawk
            63 Lark 2 door
            59 Scotsman
            54 Starlight
            52 Starliner
            51 Commander
            39 Coupe express
            39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Take a good look at that steering wheel, has to be fairly low mileage.

JDP/Maryland
              64 R2 GT cost to date
              $59856.52
              63 GT Hawk
              63 Lark 2 door
              59 Scotsman
              54 Starlight
              52 Starliner
              51 Commander
              39 Coupe express
              39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Yeah, that dash cover looks pretty good for a '63! I SWEAR this same car was on ebay or maybe Craigs list last year. I remember noting that it was up your way, Anne, but being a 6 (and being yet another dead Studebaker), I tried (and obviously succeeded) to forget about it.

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, that dash cover looks pretty good for a '63! I SWEAR this same car was on ebay or maybe Craigs list last year. I remember noting that it was up your way, Anne, but being a 6 (and being yet another dead Studebaker), I tried (and obviously succeeded) to forget about it.

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Looks like a twin to my 63- Green Mist Lark Regal!
                    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Looks like a twin to my 63- Green Mist Lark Regal!
                      Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

To summarize what we know, up to now (5 O-Clock NBC News style!):

This is a 1963 Stude. Lark 6 Regal 2dr. sedan (63S-F4) with OHV 170 engine, Flight-O-Matic Trans, Green Mist with standard Green cloth & vinyl interior, Climatizer and Automatic may be the only options. No Clock, Radio, bumper guards, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning or tinted glass. Pretty much standard for a lower level 2dr. Sedan especially a 6.

Only downside would be if you repaired and drove it, the lightweight aluminum case type AS Transmission would not be the best long term low cost driver, because of strength, dependability and repair cost issues.

Has fair dash, very nice steering wheel, body looks quite straight except decklid, surface rust on the front clip only.

This would restore and become a Super Lark R1 or R2 clone very nicely, GOOD find Anne![^] Now to find out if it's for sale! [}][]

StudeRich
                        Studebakers Northwest
                        Ferndale, WA
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

To summarize what we know, up to now (5 O-Clock NBC News style!):

This is a 1963 Stude. Lark 6 Regal 2dr. sedan (63S-F4) with OHV 170 engine, Flight-O-Matic Trans, Green Mist with standard Green cloth & vinyl interior, Climatizer and Automatic may be the only options. No Clock, Radio, bumper guards, power steering, power brakes, air conditioning or tinted glass. Pretty much standard for a lower level 2dr. Sedan especially a 6.

Only downside would be if you repaired and drove it, the lightweight aluminum case type AS Transmission would not be the best long term low cost driver, because of strength, dependability and repair cost issues.

Has fair dash, very nice steering wheel, body looks quite straight except decklid, surface rust on the front clip only.

This would restore and become a Super Lark R1 or R2 clone very nicely, GOOD find Anne![^] Now to find out if it's for sale! [}][]

StudeRich
                          Studebakers Northwest
                          Ferndale, WA
                          StudeRich
                          Second Generation Stude Driver,
                          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The model 35 is a problem?

Comment

The model 35 is a problem?

Comment

I'd love to get my hands on that dash!

Note ignition switch in common "retracted" position

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                                '63 F2/Lark Standard
                                http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
                                www.studebakersandiego.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X