Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '55 Truck on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...spagenameZWDVW
    This truck is really nice but not $30,000 nice, in my opinion. Great pictures and one can't help but think of Alan Songer's wife's truck, that he showed us, on the forum. I understand we may be seeing that beauty on the cover of "Turning Wheels". Great story to go with the picture too. It should pass the audition. Huck

Gary Hildebrandt

Yeah, that really IS a very nice '55! Too bad they got the green body paint fairly close to correct, but painted all the nameplates BLACK! I guess
    it's possible that someone thought the correct RED would not look very good on green, and they're right, but correct is still correct.

Also "REAL" trucks do not have oval "CAR" mufflers! They have the low restriction, more straight through type of round muffler. Those should give
    it a bit louder tone, but being steel packed not fiberglass still not LOUD!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Yeah, that really IS a very nice '55! Too bad they got the green body paint fairly close to correct, but painted all the nameplates BLACK! I guess
      it's possible that someone thought the correct RED would not look very good on green, and they're right, but correct is still correct.

Also "REAL" trucks do not have oval "CAR" mufflers! They have the low restriction, more straight through type of round muffler. Those should give
      it a bit louder tone, but being steel packed not fiberglass still not LOUD!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Well, it's a pretty truck - I'll give it that. But...

Chrome wheels - wrong hubcaps, pretty lumpy bed floors with non-original drain holes drilled at the front, black-painted emblem on hood (should be red!), lots wrong under the hood as far as coloration goes, homemade wiring harness (at least parts of it), horn button falling out, description says it has "chrome grille" and "side mirrorS" plural - which it doesn't.

I hardly think it's worth the BIN or even anywhere near the starting bid.

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, it's a pretty truck - I'll give it that. But...

Chrome wheels - wrong hubcaps, pretty lumpy bed floors with non-original drain holes drilled at the front, black-painted emblem on hood (should be red!), lots wrong under the hood as far as coloration goes, homemade wiring harness (at least parts of it), horn button falling out, description says it has "chrome grille" and "side mirrorS" plural - which it doesn't.

I hardly think it's worth the BIN or even anywhere near the starting bid.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Nice truck. At least 10K over what it would bring on the BEST day, maybe 12-15K too much.

I put $13K into restoring my wife's E7 and I think it's nicer than this one.

But you know what? I have TONS of "non origianl" stuff going on too (even though we DO have the correct muffler!):

Full flow 289 clover leaf replacement block
            4 bbl intake and carb
            Dual master cylinder with booster and remote fill
            Radial tires
            Seat Belts
            "Avanti" dual point distributor (only because the Delco is WORE OUT)
            Non-original 1960 Studebaker colors
            Custom upholstery

and probably hundreds of other nit-picky "flaws."

But her truck is a DAILY DRIVER and has been for almost ten years and 80,000 miles! So we'll never enter the truck in a judged event--big deal!

Comment

Nice truck. At least 10K over what it would bring on the BEST day, maybe 12-15K too much.

I put $13K into restoring my wife's E7 and I think it's nicer than this one.

But you know what? I have TONS of "non origianl" stuff going on too (even though we DO have the correct muffler!):

Full flow 289 clover leaf replacement block
              4 bbl intake and carb
              Dual master cylinder with booster and remote fill
              Radial tires
              Seat Belts
              "Avanti" dual point distributor (only because the Delco is WORE OUT)
              Non-original 1960 Studebaker colors
              Custom upholstery

and probably hundreds of other nit-picky "flaws."

But her truck is a DAILY DRIVER and has been for almost ten years and 80,000 miles! So we'll never enter the truck in a judged event--big deal!

Comment

I guess when the seller says "among the most rare" he means very few have a price this unrealistic[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I guess when the seller says "among the most rare" he means very few have a price this unrealistic[:0]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Yes, it's a nice looking truck. But-----did you notice how many bids on it? ZERO!
                    Rog

'59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                    Smithtown,NY
                    Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Yes, it's a nice looking truck. But-----did you notice how many bids on it? ZERO!
                      Rog

Smithtown,NY
                      Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Someone went to a lot of trouble to do a really nice job to suit themselves and didn't realize, if they intended to sell it, it would have been just as easy to do it correctly. Nice truck but, at that price, there are too many things that need corrected.
                        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Someone went to a lot of trouble to do a really nice job to suit themselves and didn't realize, if they intended to sell it, it would have been just as easy to do it correctly. Nice truck but, at that price, there are too many things that need corrected.
                          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I don't think having everything done "correctly" would add 2 cents of value to this E7 pickup. I mean, putting on the correct tail lights and replacing those painted tailgate chains and getting the correct hubcaps, etc. etc. etc. . . . Do you REALLY think stuff like that would have any dramatic effect on the truck's value? Obviously, I don't think so, but then again I have made quite a few changes from "factory correct" on our E7 as well.

That said, I have every single original piece I removed from our truck(save the engine block which was long gone when we found the truck in Texas a decade ago)cataloged and safely tucked away so that ONE day SOMEONE for whom it REALLY MATTERS to have everything "correct" has the opportunity to make it "factory original."

I have also bought a LOT of NOS parts for the truck over the years--stuff like a set of hubcaps, a NOS radio install kit, a spare rear bumper, a pair of NOS headlight rings, NOS front and side hood badges and some other stuff I can't think of right now. It all sits neatly wrapped and tucked away for a rainy day . . .

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

I don't think having everything done "correctly" would add 2 cents of value to this E7 pickup. I mean, putting on the correct tail lights and replacing those painted tailgate chains and getting the correct hubcaps, etc. etc. etc. . . . Do you REALLY think stuff like that would have any dramatic effect on the truck's value? Obviously, I don't think so, but then again I have made quite a few changes from "factory correct" on our E7 as well.

That said, I have every single original piece I removed from our truck(save the engine block which was long gone when we found the truck in Texas a decade ago)cataloged and safely tucked away so that ONE day SOMEONE for whom it REALLY MATTERS to have everything "correct" has the opportunity to make it "factory original."

I have also bought a LOT of NOS parts for the truck over the years--stuff like a set of hubcaps, a NOS radio install kit, a spare rear bumper, a pair of NOS headlight rings, NOS front and side hood badges and some other stuff I can't think of right now. It all sits neatly wrapped and tucked away for a rainy day . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X