Barn Find '59 Silver Hawk on E-Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn Find '59 Silver Hawk on E-Bay

Hope I am not duplicating a post anywhere, but if not, folks looking for a clean car with which to start a restoration may be interested in this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Studebaker-S...US_Cars_Trucks

The current high bid (as of this posting) is under $2K. Supposedly, the car was parked in 1970; has been in one family since new.

I know nothing about the car or the owners or history -- was just browsing e-bay and thought others might be interested.

Dam I live in the wrong country!!!..

Comment

I previously checked out all the photos and it seems like a very "Honest" Car, needing a lot but not fussed with a lot either.

What I did not see mentioned anywhere is that this is a quite rare 3 Speed Overdrive car, the Interior will need complete replacement, but the body is not bad.

Do remember though that '59's were 259's if it matters to you.

I would bet money that it is NOT Yellow though, probably Beige, possibly White.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Overdrive control visible and no Auto indicators on the column. $5,000 materials and your own paint gun could make a very nice driver.

Rear bumper looks like it may need chrome but the rest may not be to bad....

Comment

'Talk about an arid-climate car: Look at the close-up photo of that "hood scoop" die-cast piece. Beautiful.

A stick overdrive 1959 V8 Silver Hawk could be an awfully nice driver. That one looks like a good buy. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

$4551 final bid

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              I previously checked out all the photos and it seems like a very "Honest" Car, needing a lot but not fussed with a lot either.

What I did not see mentioned anywhere is that this is a quite rare 3 Speed Overdrive car, the Interior will need complete replacement, but the body is not bad.

Do remember though that '59's were 259's if it matters to you.

I would bet money that it is NOT Yellow though, probably Beige, possibly White.
              The 3 speed overdrive is rare for this year? I have the same setup in my 59 Hawk.

Comment

Working...
              X