Do you own this 1963 Hawk: 63V27247?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you own this 1963 Hawk: 63V27247?

This original window sticker is among several personal artifacts Harold R. Johnson Jr's adult daughter Peggy gave SDCer Tim Lloyd, to give me upon the passing of Mr. Johnson. You may remember Mr. Johnson as the retired Studebaker Engine Engineer whom we showered with 100th Birthday Cards and notes a couple years ago, just in the nick of time before he passed away less than two months after that 100th birthday! Whew!

As you see, this Hawk was tagged for Mr. Johnson's use. He (actually his wife, probably some sort of corporate requirement) eventually bought it from Studebaker Corporation for his personal use, per additional documents I have here. (The invoice from Studebaker Corporation to Mr. Johnson's wife Twanette is dated March 2, 1964. They ultimately paid the corporation the tidy sum of $2,105.00 for the car that day!)

Also included is an interesting notebook with several of Mr. Johnson's detailed engineering notes, and other small documents.

If you own this car, I will gladly send you that original window sticker and all these other items, for $20 to cover premium packaging, postage, and insurance for everything, if going to The United States. If the car is in Canada or overseas, I'll research the actual cost for your approval (and payment!) before mailing.

I will require that you mail or post a copy of the title or registration to prove you own the car. (I suppose if anyone is dishonest enough to lie or forge documents just to get these materials, it will be on them down the road. I'll do the best I can to authenticate the car's ownership before mailing the materials to anybody. ) BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

What a bargain! Good to see Studebaker took care of it's people & keep the parking lots less occupied with brand x's.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
      What a bargain! Good to see Studebaker took care of it's people & keep the parking lots less occupied with brand x's.
      Right, Warren....but by then, it was a little too late.

Note that he bought the Hawk out of the corporation on March 2, 1964.

By then, it was all over. BP
      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
      "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I know someone locally who bought a loaded, brand new 1963 GT Hawk in 1968 ! Hard to believe the car was such a dud, but for the times. That local, even given the 80's - 2000's booms would still be Lark country.....relatively speaking.....

Comment

Working...
        X