X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    I’m glad he was a little too late ......and actually Stu it wasn’t last year but the year before .....time flys 🥴
    It actually was last year Bob, when you consider I was working on this the last day of 2019. But thanks for keeping me on my toes anyway.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• TrevB
    replied
    Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    I’m glad he was a little too late ......and actually Stu it wasn’t last year but the year before .....time flys 🥴
    Yes Bob, Nov 2018, time does fly but at least I know where Rays excellent car ended up!
    I'd committed to buy a 64 HT 2 days before Ray came back to me with an offer I would have accepted, but now I will have a trio of 64s in my garage, HT, Cruiser and Convert.
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Last edited by 2R5; 01-01-2020, 02:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Just yesterday I received a PM from Trevor Byrne in Australia, advising he had purchased 64V12609 from Corky Cramer of California and it is currently in San Francisco awaiting shipment to Australia. This car is listed in the Registry.

Trevor has been looking for a 1964 convertible for some time and last year I provided him with some assistance in discussing with Ray Martin of Sparta ON on the sale of Ray's car, but Trevor was a little too late. But now his wishes have been fulfilled.

Congratulations on your purchase Trevor.

Stu Chapman
    Last edited by Stu Chapman; 01-01-2020, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
    Apologies and Updates

It has been a considerable time since I have been able to bring this Registry up to date. First of all my master copy disappeared from my hard drive and it was just relocated today. Then some of my incoming email on the subject has completely disappeared.

So if any reader has sent me an email regarding a new post, or who knows of any 64 Daytona Convertible that has appeared during 2019, please provide this information on this thread. I will give it a couple of weeks following which I will bring the Registry up to date.

Stu Chapman

UPDATE COMPLETE

I am happy to advise that I was able to complete the Update for the Registry sooner than expected. It is being forwarded to Mark Wheeler today for insertion in the Registries link on the SDC web site. Mark will likely have it posted within a week to 10 days

I am pleased to note that the Registry now shows 4 more additions, being 2 from South Bend and 2 from the Hamilton plant bringing the grand total to 170 cars recorded. With total production of 702, we now know the whereabouts of 24.2 % of total production, being 26.9 % from the U.S. and 20.3 % from Canada.

Another interesting statistical note highlights the fact the Registry thread which has been running for a little over 5 years has now amassed almost 87,000 views! This is an unbelievable number. Maybe we will soon hit 100,000.

There likely have been a few sales which have not been notified to me. So please study the list, which now comprises 15 pages, and let me know if anything needs correcting.

Stu Chapman.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
    Stu, It's the one in post 864.....I wondering about that serial number?
    64VC1093 and 64VC1199 are both now recorded.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• Lou Van Anne
    replied
    Stu, It's the one in post 864.....I wondering about that serial number?

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Attn Lou Van Anne

You recently sent me a message about 64VC1093 on Studebaker Addicts. Since this site appears to be accessible through Facebook and since I don't do Facebook, can you send me more details?

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Apologies and Updates

It has been a considerable time since I have been able to bring this Registry up to date. First of all my master copy disappeared from my hard drive and it was just relocated today. Then some of my incoming email on the subject has completely disappeared.

So if any reader has sent me an email regarding a new post, or who knows of any 64 Daytona Convertible that has appeared during 2019, please provide this information on this thread. I will give it a couple of weeks following which I will bring the Registry up to date.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• David Daoust
    replied
    Originally posted by Ken Samson View Post
    Are you still doing Daytona convertible reg. I just got one that's been lock awY for 35 years,,24000 original miles .
    Would love to see some pictures!

Leave a comment:

• Ken Samson
    replied
    Yes,, I agree. The original owner worked for the gov. Sometime shortly after buying the car he got transferred to rainy port Hardy. Back then it was a ferry boat ride.no roads except a few logging roads.hence no miles on the car

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    64v-L8. 0458
    64vc-1199
    24 thousand miles,one owner bought new in Victoria b.c.
    completely original
    According to Post 532 in this thread, it was shipped to J.M. Brown Motor Co, in North Vancouver.

If it was sold new in Victoria, I'll bet the selling dealer arranged to pick it up at that North Van dealer and take it back to Victoria, perhaps along with a couple of other brand new Studebakers. I suspect that would be the case as he may not have purchased enough vehicles to justify the expense of paying the carrier to haul it on the ferry for him.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    64v-L8. 0458
    64vc-1199
    completely original
    A Hamilton (Canada) assembled convertible (Sept. - Dec. 1963).

Leave a comment:

• Ken Samson
    replied
    64v-L8. 0458
    64vc-1199
    completely original

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Are you still doing Daytona convertible reg. I just got one that's been lock awY for 35 years,,24000 original miles .
    Let me have all the data on this car and I will add it.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

Working...
X