1964 Daytona Convertible Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    Who is currently selling this one in Ontario? https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars...a-convertible/ Ad ID: Ad ID 1356884107 Craig
    That link looks to be dead, Craig. At least StudeRich saw it! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      That link looks to be dead, Craig. At least StudeRich saw it! BP
      This should work better.

Pekka
      sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

• He will only take texts, not even telephone calls. That leaves me and probably others out. Why would you want to restrict yourself that way?
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• Any more news on this car?

Originally posted by studegary View Post
          He will only take texts, not even telephone calls. That leaves me and probably others out. Why would you want to restrict yourself that way?
          Apparently I was away when the info on this car surfaced. Has anyone been able to turn up any more information on it?

Stu Chapman

Comment

• There IS a "Contact" option, where you get a password and sign in to this KiJiJi thing, and give your email to be contacted, maybe that might work.

This still worked Today:
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• This sure looks like the car formerly owned by Mark Ward a few years ago. His was Bermuda brown and had a Maaco paint job before he auctioned it. If I remember correctly, he bought it from the Cade family and brought it to Ontario. Perhaps you could e-mail Mark and see if he still has record of the serial number.
              Bob
              Bob
              Welland Ontario
              60 Lark Convertible
              64 Daytona
              sigpic
              "They were meant to be driven ... so keep on cruizin"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinehurstbob View Post
                This sure looks like the car formerly owned by Mark Ward a few years ago. His was Bermuda brown and had a Maaco paint job before he auctioned it. If I remember correctly, he bought it from the Cade family and brought it to Ontario. Perhaps you could e-mail Mark and see if he still has record of the serial number.
                Bob
                You could be right Bob. The current registry shows serial number 64V8913 apparently for sale in southern Ontario and it was originally Bermuda Brown. I seem to recollect some discussion a couple of years ago about Mark's car but I lost track of it.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Registry Updated

For the record, the current Registry has just been updated on the SDC web site. Please have a look and let me know if any any further corrections are required.

As a matter of interest, this thread is now four years old and is still going strong with over 70,000 views. Thanks for all the support.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Update

64V10162 is now owned by Bob Barrick of Dunnville ON who recently purchased it from Ray Martin of Sparta ON. It was formerly owned by Denton Wright of Burlington ON.

While in Ray's ownership it was converted to an R2 partial clone with the addition of a supercharger, being an interesting combination - supercharged 259. The original white top was changed to black. Everyone who has driven this car claims it is strongest, best driving Studebaker they have driven, a testament to Ray's and Denton's restoration abilities.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Stu - This thread is now so long that I do not know if you have included the restomod '64 convertible that is currently on eBay and in Milton, NY.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        Stu - This thread is now so long that I do not know if you have included the restomod '64 convertible that is currently on eBay and in Milton, NY.
                        Gary, can you get me a serial number?

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                          Gary, can you get me a serial number?

Stu Chapman
                          I went to look for it and see that the eBay listing has ended. Someone else may have the S/N. I know that Bob P. looked up information on how the car was originally built. Perhaps he still has the S/N. There was also a thread/topic here on the SDC Forum about the car. I didn't search to see if the S/N is there.

After some searching, I found the S/N. It is 64V 15297.
                          Last edited by studegary; 12-19-2018, 10:52 AM.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

• Originally posted by studegary View Post
                            I went to look for it and see that the eBay listing has ended. Someone else may have the S/N. I know that Bob P. looked up information on how the car was originally built. Perhaps he still has the S/N. There was also a thread/topic here on the SDC Forum about the car. I didn't search to see if the S/N is there.

After some searching, I found the S/N. It is 64V 15297.

Craig

Comment

• I have gone over my Registry details and will now be adding 64V15297 to the listings with the notation "owner unknown" in Ft Plain NY unless someone can provide it.

To clarify some comments, yes it was possible for Hamilton to special order a car from South Bend at the time if for some reason certain options were not currently available in Hamilton. As previously noted this was a SR (sold rush) car and that could explain a special order. It was definitely built in South Bend on October 10th 1963 and delivered to CT. One would assume that meant Connecticut, but sometime we did strange things and I suppose that CT could have meant Canada/Toronto. Somehow I doubt that is what happened.

This car was built in Bordeaux Red, with black buckets and a white top. The engine number was PK328. It was built with a 289 V8 and optioned with automatic, 4 barrel, viscous drive fan, dual exhaust, power steering, disc brakes, whitewalls, padded visors, Climatizer, clock, push button radio, undercoat, front bumper guards, wheel discs, front seat belts.

With this addition, we now have recorded 167 units out of 702 built. That brings us to 23.8% overall or 26.9% of South Bend cars. So we are still finding 64 convertibles out there. How many more are there?

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                                I have gone over my Registry details and will now be adding 64V15297 to the listings with the notation "owner unknown" in Ft Plain NY unless someone can provide it.

To clarify some comments, yes it was possible for Hamilton to special order a car from South Bend at the time if for some reason certain options were not currently available in Hamilton. As previously noted this was a SR (sold rush) car and that could explain a special order. It was definitely built in South Bend on October 10th 1963 and delivered to CT. One would assume that meant Connecticut, but sometime we did strange things and I suppose that CT could have meant Canada/Toronto. Somehow I doubt that is what happened.

This car was built in Bordeaux Red, with black buckets and a white top. The engine number was PK328. It was built with a 289 V8 and optioned with automatic, 4 barrel, viscous drive fan, dual exhaust, power steering, disc brakes, whitewalls, padded visors, Climatizer, clock, push button radio, undercoat, front bumper guards, wheel discs, front seat belts.

With this addition, we now have recorded 167 units out of 702 built. That brings us to 23.8% overall or 26.9% of South Bend cars. So we are still finding 64 convertibles out there. How many more are there?

Stu Chapman
                                The current owner is Mike in Milton, NY.
                                Couldn't it be likely that this was simply a dealer swap between a dealer in Connecticut and a dealer in Canada, prior to initial sale or due to the impending sale?
                                Gary L.
                                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                                X