No announcement yet.

1964 Daytona Convertible Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The purchaser who now owns C100501 asked me where he could locate the engine number (6 cyl) on this car and not being a mechanical Stude man I didn't know. I suggested he go on the Forum and he would get a quick answer. However since he's new to this I decided to ask the question for him.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• The Registry has now been updated on the SDC web site.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Do we know if the convertible in the pictures here: http://www.hemmings.com/parts/item/E...nes/11062.html is listed? It looks like it might be around Muncie.
        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Do we know if the convertible in the pictures here: http://www.hemmings.com/parts/item/E...nes/11062.html is listed? It looks like it might be around Muncie.

It was mentioned here recently. See the last post. I don't know if it's been added to the registry.
          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-in-Muncie-IN

Comment

• Stu, in reference to post 706, I owned that car for several years before selling it in 2003 before moving to Ca. When I owned the car it was a real rust bucket. As stated a very plain Jane car, 6 cyl, 3 psd no OD. And no radio. I put in a 1963, 60,000 original mile engine in it and then sold it. The car drove great but high rpm's on the freeway. I have before and after pictures of the restoration (not done by me but the guy who bought it from me). Originally it was a Lagunna blue car with blue interior and black top. After restoration it was dark blue with white top and blue interior. Glad it was found!

Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullet View Post
              Stu, in reference to post 706, I owned that car for several years before selling it in 2003 before moving to Ca. When I owned the car it was a real rust bucket. As stated a very plain Jane car, 6 cyl, 3 psd no OD. And no radio. I put in a 1963, 60,000 original mile engine in it and then sold it. The car drove great but high rpm's on the freeway. I have before and after pictures of the restoration (not done by me but the guy who bought it from me). Originally it was a Lagunna blue car with blue interior and black top. After restoration it was dark blue with white top and blue interior. Glad it was found!

Mark
              Thanks for the update Mark. The new owner has emailed me a picture of the car. It is certainly Laguna Blue. It would appear that the person who purchased it from you sold it to someone else. It eventually ended up in the hands of the lady who sold it to Lyman Miller.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Bordeaux Daytona View Post
                It was mentioned here recently. See the last post. I don't know if it's been added to the registry.
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...e-in-Muncie-IN
                I accessed this link and learned that the car was sold to Scott Kiechle of Lowell IN. I have asked him to provide us with the serial number so we can see if it is listed in the Registry.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Wow!!!!

Hard to believe but this thread has now generated more than 40,000 views. Thanks to all who continue to participate.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
                    Hard to believe but this thread has now generated more than 40,000 views. Thanks to all who continue to participate.

Stu Chapman
                    Posts such as this one add no further relevant information, but they do increase the "view" count by those of us that utilize the "What's New?" feature.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

• There was just another 64 convertible for sale in the Medford area (Williams, OR). I inquired, but the owner didn't think it worthwhile to respond. The ad is gone now. The car was bought by his grandfather new and I'm guessing was delivered to southern Oregon. The car was missing its (stuck) engine, and needed restoration. I don't think it had too much rust. It appeared to have original badly worn Strato blue paint and a white top. I do not know if it was a V8 originally. I do not know the serial number or who might have bought it. If it was a member of our local chapter it shouldn't be hard to find out.
                      The asking price was $2200.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

• If it had the TWO TONE steering wheel, it is likely that it was a South Bend built Car and would be a V-8, at LEAST 259.

I have to wonder what they were thinking building Daytona Hardtops, Convertibles and the whole Sporty "Daytona" Performance Image Line in Canada with 6 Cyl. Engines!

At least the 6 Cyl. Engines in Camaros and Mustangs had a LITTLE bit of Zip and HP per Lb.!
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          If it had the TWO TONE steering wheel, it is likely that it was a South Bend built Car and would be a V-8, at LEAST 259.

I have to wonder what they were thinking building Daytona Hardtops, Convertibles and the whole Sporty "Daytona" Performance Image Line in Canada with 6 Cyl. Engines!

At least the 6 Cyl. Engines in Camaros and Mustangs had a LITTLE bit of Zip and HP per Lb.!
                          Unfortunately there was only one rather small picture and I don't remember what the steering wheel looked like. I can tell you the owner said it was all original and even the radio worked. So we know it has a radio. That's about all I remember from the ad that describes the car. The engine burned up in the shop it was in while the car was parked elsewhere on the property. I think it mentioned that happened in the 1990s.

Comment

• I have the top mechanism for a convertible if someone wants to build one

Comment

• Originally posted by Jambo View Post
                              I have the top mechanism for a convertible if someone wants to build one
                              Thank you Jim. I know there are a few restoration projects in the works for these convertibles so anything else you may have would likely be appreciated.

Stu Chapman

Comment

• Hi Stu, I have located another 1964 Convertible here in Australia, via South Africa no less! Factory R series but I don't have the serial number yet as it is stored in a way that doesn't allow the doors to be opened. Going through the 1964 R-Series listing, I have narrowed it down to the following possible vehicles -

64V8913 R1 Non-package P/Shift, Bermuda Brown, brown interior, white top,
                                64V12439 R1 Full package 4 speed, Bermuda Brown, brown interior, white top.

It was a driving car only 5 years ago but is in need of complete restoration and has been badly stored until recently.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X