New pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures

I figured out how to upload pictures to my profile of my car. Take a look and let me know what you think of her! If anyone knows what body style it is please let me know. All I know is it's a 1950 champion 2 door. Not sure if it's a coupe, sedan, or regal delux Thanks for all your help and comments.

50 Champion 2 door sedan.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

A Starlight Coupe has the 4 piece rear glass that wraps around the entire rear, no roll up windows in the back seat, and a Business Coupe has no 1/4 Windows or back seat.

This is a 2 Door Sedan, and I do not see any stainless trim around the rear glass, so if none on the Windshield either it is probably a lower level Trim Model, a F1 Custom or a F3 Deluxe, Not a top of the line Regal Deluxe.

The Body Tag on the passenger side of the firewall will tell you the Model Number plus the sequential Number of just the Body, within that Body type for that year. The Serial Number is on the rear Door Post.

Welcome to the SDC and to the SDC Forum. The link at the top of the page to "Home Page" will lead you to a dropdown link to join SDC for a first time discount.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

It looks like an early model, because the headlight rims are painted. If it were a mid year release "Custom" model, it would not have a hood ornament, nor would the tail light rings be chromed.

I agree that we should get the numbers/letters from the body tag on the firewall, under the hood, on the passenger side of the car. That should say something like 9G-F3 1234

9G = 50 Champion
        F = two door sedan
        1, 3, or 5 = level of trim

1234 = the numerical sequence of two door bodies built
        RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
        10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
        10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
        4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
        5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
        56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
        60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

The info on the tag is:
          Model H9G F3
          Body 3311
          Trim. T-7370