Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    I'm not sure about the child birth thing, but it sure feels good after all that work to hear it go. I called my uncle who worked on the assembly line Lucy came down. I told him it was running again. He's kept a journal since he was 16. He worked in final assembly. Anyway, by the end of the week, i"m hoping to take my first ride in her. Lots of work still needs to be done. brakes, windshields, Interior and some paint work. Thanks for the support everyone.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    I'm not sure about the child birth thing, but it sure feels good after all that work to hear it go. I called my uncle who worked on the assembly line Lucy came down. I told him it was running again. He's kept a journal since he was 16. He worked in final assembly. Anyway, by the end of the week, i"m hoping to take my first ride in her. Lots of work still needs to be done. brakes, windshields, Interior and some paint work. Thanks for the support everyone.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Hell of a good feeling isnt it? I might catch some flak for saying
    this, but reviving a dead automobile is the closest a man can get to
    child birth. I remember hearing my Hawks engine run for the first
    time after assembling it myself was both thrilling and frightning.

Congrats ... make sure you do the cam breakin if required.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• sbca96
    replied
    Hell of a good feeling isnt it? I might catch some flak for saying
    this, but reviving a dead automobile is the closest a man can get to
    child birth. I remember hearing my Hawks engine run for the first
    time after assembling it myself was both thrilling and frightning.

Congrats ... make sure you do the cam breakin if required.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Awesome news, Bob! One more Studie back in motion!!!!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Awesome news, Bob! One more Studie back in motion!!!!

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com
    www.studebakersandiego.com

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    The parts Lark has saved a couple others. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    The parts Lark has saved a couple others. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    Thanks Anne, next up is the brakes... and one upper control arm bushing. My one neighbor heard her start and said she wanted the first ride.lol

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    Thanks Anne, next up is the brakes... and one upper control arm bushing. My one neighbor heard her start and said she wanted the first ride.lol

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    WOW way to go Bob. I am so glad that shes doing so well. The parts lark gave up her rear end and axles to Casey's new project.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    WOW way to go Bob. I am so glad that shes doing so well. The parts lark gave up her rear end and axles to Casey's new project.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    WELL.... THERE IS NOW ONE MORE STUDEBAKER ALIVE AND RUNNING AGAIN!! I JUST STARTED LUCY FOR THE FIRST TIME A MINUTE AGO by accident as I was working through a starting problem. As I was returning the key to the ignition position, she turned over.. i held it for a second and she fired right up! Its a little too dark tonight to take her for the first ride... I suddenly feel a sick day coming on..

Leave a comment:

• 63larkcustom
    replied
    WELL.... THERE IS NOW ONE MORE STUDEBAKER ALIVE AND RUNNING AGAIN!! I JUST STARTED LUCY FOR THE FIRST TIME A MINUTE AGO by accident as I was working through a starting problem. As I was returning the key to the ignition position, she turned over.. i held it for a second and she fired right up! Its a little too dark tonight to take her for the first ride... I suddenly feel a sick day coming on..

Leave a comment:

• DilloCrafter
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

Thanks Matt, except for a few lingering issues, shes just about ready for the road again. I have a feeling its been years since she made her way down the road under her own power. The thing that is really amazing is that she still has her original engine. When they bored her out, they only had to go .010 over and there were NO cracks in the head. I have a feeling that this is the first time the engine has been apart. Aside from the block, head, valve and oil covers, everything inside of it is new. Its only a matter of days before she's ready to go again.
    I've been told by a good authority on the sixes (Bill Cathcart, but I'm not name-dropping here ) that an OHV six whose head has not cracked by now is probably one of the good ones, and shouldn't be worried about. It's great to learn your motor was in such good shape.

And I kind of like that "all black" color scheme. Makes your car kind of mysterious, and intriguing.

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X