No announcement yet.

Lucy Progress-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well.. once she's running I'll take the time to put something together for TW. I'm willing to bet the other clubs dont help each other out like what i've experienced. Really quite amazing.

Comment

Well.. today was/is a very busy day on Lucy. To bring everyone up to speed.. the carb has now been kitted, all rubber fuel lines have been replaced, replaced the steering gear and jacket today (ended up the bearing in the jacket was shot and the gear box was toast as well). Got the ingnition lock re-keyed and installed, took the radiator to the radiator shop (it sprung a leak), and re-installed the hood. Tonight I plan on installing the vanity and work out a couple glitches that have arisen. the fan always runs, it will go high and low, but never off. The Headlights will not come on. All parking/turn signal lights work. I'm snapping pictures along the way. Will post them as soon as the film is developed. Aside from no interior and the windshield out(waiting on the rubber to show up), she's looking like herself again. Was a real blast, literally, to see the dash light up. BTW Anne, that radio works.. was on high and when i hit the key, was rewarded big band music from the oldies am station here. She'll be on the road in no time. Again, thanks.
      Bob

Comment

Well.. today was/is a very busy day on Lucy. To bring everyone up to speed.. the carb has now been kitted, all rubber fuel lines have been replaced, replaced the steering gear and jacket today (ended up the bearing in the jacket was shot and the gear box was toast as well). Got the ingnition lock re-keyed and installed, took the radiator to the radiator shop (it sprung a leak), and re-installed the hood. Tonight I plan on installing the vanity and work out a couple glitches that have arisen. the fan always runs, it will go high and low, but never off. The Headlights will not come on. All parking/turn signal lights work. I'm snapping pictures along the way. Will post them as soon as the film is developed. Aside from no interior and the windshield out(waiting on the rubber to show up), she's looking like herself again. Was a real blast, literally, to see the dash light up. BTW Anne, that radio works.. was on high and when i hit the key, was rewarded big band music from the oldies am station here. She'll be on the road in no time. Again, thanks.
        Bob

Comment

Stellar News, Bob! I have some used switches here if you want.

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Stellar News, Bob! I have some used switches here if you want.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I may take you up on the switches. I'm gonna try cleaning the contacts first to see if that remedies it. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks,
              Bob

Comment

I may take you up on the switches. I'm gonna try cleaning the contacts first to see if that remedies it. I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Thanks,
                Bob

Comment

That's great news so happy to hear how much progress you have made on Lucy. I know I sure love to drive Mabel. I love to share her with others also. Its what Studebakers are all about.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                  1957 Silverhawk
                  1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  1955 President State
                  Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                  Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  The Prez 1955 President State
                  Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                  Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                  Fresno,Ca

Comment

That's great news so happy to hear how much progress you have made on Lucy. I know I sure love to drive Mabel. I love to share her with others also. Its what Studebakers are all about.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                    1957 Silverhawk
                    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    1955 President State
                    Fresno,Ca

Mabel 1949 Champion
                    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                    Gus 1958 Transtar
                    The Prez 1955 President State
                    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Your exactly right.. once I'm in a better position and Lucy's done, wouldnt mind a 48 or 49 champ.

Comment

Your exactly right.. once I'm in a better position and Lucy's done, wouldnt mind a 48 or 49 champ.

Comment

Whoa big fella ... one at a time .. trust me on this![B)]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

'63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                          Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                          http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                          I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Whoa big fella ... one at a time .. trust me on this![B)]

Tom

quote:Originally posted by 63larkcustom

'63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Theres no way I'm gonna do it till Lucy has been running a while and is complete. Then we'll go for number two... Though, next time its gotta be done and running

Comment

Theres no way I'm gonna do it till Lucy has been running a while and is complete. Then we'll go for number two... Though, next time its gotta be done and running

Comment

Working...
                                X