No announcement yet.

What is the rarest postwar Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rarest postwar Studebaker? One of the prototypes sitting in my back yard.
    Chris Dresbach

Comment

A friend of mine once said that Studebakers (In general) were rarer thirty years ago than they are now....and there's some truth to that. (A very positive thing!)...Hats off to our dedicated vendors--Reynolds, Thibeault, Myers, Rene..more!

Comment

Originally posted by JBOYLE View Post
        Rarest postwar Studebaker?

One that doesn't leak?
        ......The absolute rarest Studebaker is one that has no.......RUST............

Comment

65 - 1960 1/2 ton short wheel base 4X4 pickups for the Navy.

1 - 1963 1 ton 8E-15 crew cab (4 door) Diesel pickup.

1 - 1963 1 1/2 ton 8E-28 crew cab (3 door) Diesel truck (destroyed in fire last year).
          Bo

Comment

Good choices, all. When I was doing production order research in the 1964 Lark six file, I came across 64S-4429, which was built with six cylinder, overdrive, a 4.56 axle ratio, and the designation that it was ordered to be a driver ed car. Then there was 64S-2799, one of the very few '64 Lark sixes that came with an AM-FM radio. (64S-2681 also had the AM-FM option).

But one-of-one is hard to beat, as in Nels's '64 R3 Commander or the others mentioned.

George
            george krem

Comment

The ONE production R3 "Lark" (Daytona, excuse me).

Comment

How about the Arabian sand cars, the 4 wheel drive trucks made for the Indian Army, the dual wheel Champ truck or the Packard trucks sent to South America?
                Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

How about the one 1953/54 factory prototype convertible, that still exists somewhere out there.
                  Dan Peterson
                  Montpelier, VT
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
                  1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

Originally posted by Xcalibur View Post
                    The ONE production R3 "Lark" (Daytona, excuse me).
                    The '64 Daytona Hardtop R3, has been decided to be a aftermarket engine swap since Paxton did the Engine Swap, NOT the Factory.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

How about my 63V28392 Superlark. There were 11 R2 4-speed, package super red super larks. 6 custom and 5 regal. Mine is the first of the bunch. It might be the only one left. It now runs again with a correct JTS engine in it.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01859.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	1691232 The restoration has started. I chipped off the cracking lacquer I sprayed on in 1969 and 1972 to expose the original super red paint for a correct match.

JP
                      james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                        The '64 Daytona Hardtop R3, has been decided to be a aftermarket engine swap since Paxton did the Engine Swap, NOT the Factory.
                        Paxton was Studebaker and the swap was ordered by the factory to be done by another branch of the corporation. Not exactly a "back yard, unauthorized" swap!

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
                          Paxton was Studebaker and the swap was ordered by the factory to be done by another branch of the corporation. Not exactly a "back yard, unauthorized" swap!
                          Thanks, I thought I had read that Paxton was a subsidiary of
                          Studebaker at that time.

Wouldn't that be like suggesting that the early Avanti wasn't a Studebaker since MFC was making the panels?
                          Rob

Comment

So who decided this to be so ?
                            Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                            Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                              How about my 63V28392 Superlark. There were 11 R2 4-speed, package super red super larks. 6 custom and 5 regal. Mine is the first of the bunch. It might be the only one left. It now runs again with a correct JTS engine in it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]36086[/ATTACH] The restoration has started. I chipped off the cracking lacquer I sprayed on in 1969 and 1972 to expose the original super red paint for a correct match.

JP
                              Jim, will we see that at the May swap next year?
                              Also, don't forget there were a few super red R2 Daytona's out there unless you were considering only the 2dr sedans. In fact, there was at least one super red 4 dr but I can't remember if it was an R2 or R1. Now that one is rare also.

Comment

It's getting to be the rarest of all Studes are the nice survivors of any body style. I always spend a lot of time looking at these cars just to see how the cars really were when they rolled off the assembly.

Comment

Working...
                                X