Good Day For The 'Doctor's Car'!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Day For The 'Doctor's Car'!

Took the Speedster to a combined auto-motorcycle show held at work yesterday. Several of the guys (and some of the girls) who work there own collector cars, trucks, and a few motorcycles. Very nice weather, and good eats! Of the five trophies that were awarded (popular voting) the 'Doctor's Car' won two of them.....Most Exotic (!) and Best Of Show. I'm really having a great time with this baby since installing the Hurst shifter. Much nicer car to drive! Will post new photos later...Here's one from last year.
    Attached Files

Ed,
    I bet you are non-stop grinning, from ear-to-ear, every time you get behind the wheel of that beautiful car. If you were to drop a 352 into it, then you'd REALLY have something

Comment

So You're grabbing a hand full of "3" speed, ha Ed was there more to do to the Speedster,or just the shifter ?
      Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Is that a blower under that hood? Nice car, but then again, I love black 55s.
        Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

That sure is a pretty 'mobile, Ed. Congrats on your win, and good job flying the flag!
          Clark in San Diego
          '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
          http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
            Ed,
            I bet you are non-stop grinning, from ear-to-ear, every time you get behind the wheel of that beautiful car. If you were to drop a 352 into it, then you'd REALLY have something
            Thanks for the kind words Joe! About your idea of installing a '352' into a Speedster.....If I were to go that route, I'd probably opt for a '390' or even a '427' if I could find one!

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
              So You're grabbing a hand full of "3" speed, ha Ed was there more to do to the Speedster,or just the shifter ?
              Really just the time it took to install the shifter Joe. I took time to clean and box all the column shifter parts...including the 4"X5" piece of tunnel. No doubt some day she'll be converted back to column shift...but not by me!! How's everything in Conn?

Comment

Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                Is that a blower under that hood? Nice car, but then again, I love black 55s.
                You have a beauty...I have that 'Turning Wheels' cover featuring your car framed on my garage wall. I installed the McCulloch setup on the Speedster in '96...Couldn't resist! But all the original President four barrel engine pieces are cleaned up and boxed for a future someone to re-install.

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
                  That sure is a pretty 'mobile, Ed. Congrats on your win, and good job flying the flag!
                  Thanks Clark. You've always had nice things to say about this Speedster. Say hello to 'Barney' for me!

Comment

Ed, I'm waiting patiently in CT. for the Champion carb too arrive "so we can send theses cars DOWN home" .
                    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

You have a really nice car there, Ed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Swiss-Goldenhawk View Post
                        You have a really nice car there, Ed.
                        Thank You. And I'm sure that your '58 Golden Hawk is a spectacular (and very unique) sight on the roads of Switzerland!

Comment

Hello Ed

Yes it is quite unique here in Switzerland. But it is a 57H-K7 1957 Golden Hawk that I have. I will install the other grilles with the grille spears next winter, otherwise almost everyone continues to mistaken it for a 1958. Let's call it a modified 1957 GH that I have.

There is another 1957 Golden Hawk here in Switzerland, I recently saw it, it is white with golden fins. Looked really nice. But I do not know where it resides.

Regards

Rudy
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's a couple photos I took at home after the show. Didn't bring camera to work. What do you guys think of the 'look' of the Hurst in this car?
                            Attached Files

Comment

As for the "look", it looks like a mod that was popular in the 50s-60s, and is therefore "era correct" IMHO. My first 56J, in the late 1960s, had a floor shift. To be perfectly honest though, I'd put it back on the column. But that's just me.

Comment

Working...
                              X