Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bondobilly
    replied
    quote:[i] I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP
    I believe that the Buick Reatta Club was founded while in the Reatta was in production. If you think you have problems finding a Stude part. try and get some Reatta parts. Prices are not expensive, they just don't exist.

Leave a comment:

• bondobilly
    replied
    quote:[i] I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP
    I believe that the Buick Reatta Club was founded while in the Reatta was in production. If you think you have problems finding a Stude part. try and get some Reatta parts. Prices are not expensive, they just don't exist.

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Oh hell, I'll quick looking then. BTW here's the Jowett site.

http://keithclements.co.uk/jowettnet/

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $58,185.77
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 Scotsman
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Oh hell, I'll quick looking then. BTW here's the Jowett site.

http://keithclements.co.uk/jowettnet/

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date
    $58,185.77
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 GT Hawk
    63 Lark 2 door
    59 Scotsman
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP
    JP: They still make Corvettes! I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by JDP
    JP: They still make Corvettes! I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Craig: Good points on the Oldsmobile and Plymouth Clubs, of course they have survived the demise of the label. (It's going to be awhile before many of us -myself included- come to regard them as orphans!)

JP: What's a Jowett? Jewitt I recognize, but Jowett?

Gary: I think we have to rule Jeep out. The present product is clearly a natural evolution of the original Jeep, even though it has lived in several foster homes along the way after its natural parents died.

BTW, has anyone tried to unfold in the rear seat of a new 4-door Wrangler? Good idea for kids, but adults may be a little cramped. (However, it does not compare with the 80-mile ride home I had to make as a 9-year old from The Decatur [IL] Auto Auction to the dealership in Paris IL in the crude rear compartment of a Nash Metropolitan! [:0] OUCH. That was in 1955. Sometime in 1958, I got to quit going to the chiropractor; he said he had done all he could! [}]) BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Craig: Good points on the Oldsmobile and Plymouth Clubs, of course they have survived the demise of the label. (It's going to be awhile before many of us -myself included- come to regard them as orphans!)

JP: What's a Jowett? Jewitt I recognize, but Jowett?

Gary: I think we have to rule Jeep out. The present product is clearly a natural evolution of the original Jeep, even though it has lived in several foster homes along the way after its natural parents died.

BTW, has anyone tried to unfold in the rear seat of a new 4-door Wrangler? Good idea for kids, but adults may be a little cramped. (However, it does not compare with the 80-mile ride home I had to make as a 9-year old from The Decatur [IL] Auto Auction to the dealership in Paris IL in the crude rear compartment of a Nash Metropolitan! [:0] OUCH. That was in 1955. Sometime in 1958, I got to quit going to the chiropractor; he said he had done all he could! [}]) BP

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    To beat this subject to death (but still finding a Studebaker connection), the Mercedes Benz Club of America was founded in 1956. While it may not be the oldest car club, it is affiliated with the oldest vehicle manufacturer still in business.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    To beat this subject to death (but still finding a Studebaker connection), the Mercedes Benz Club of America was founded in 1956. While it may not be the oldest car club, it is affiliated with the oldest vehicle manufacturer still in business.

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Speaking of wrapping your a** in fiberglass, I guess that the AOAI would qualify also (though its founding came after Studebaker production and given the recent events, a restart of production does not seem likely).

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    Speaking of wrapping your a** in fiberglass, I guess that the AOAI would qualify also (though its founding came after Studebaker production and given the recent events, a restart of production does not seem likely).

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    JP, somehow I think that BP was referring to clubs that are stateside.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X