Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JDP Maryland

Comment

Speaking of wrapping your a** in fiberglass, I guess that the AOAI would qualify also (though its founding came after Studebaker production and given the recent events, a restart of production does not seem likely).

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Speaking of wrapping your a** in fiberglass, I guess that the AOAI would qualify also (though its founding came after Studebaker production and given the recent events, a restart of production does not seem likely).

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

To beat this subject to death (but still finding a Studebaker connection), the Mercedes Benz Club of America was founded in 1956. While it may not be the oldest car club, it is affiliated with the oldest vehicle manufacturer still in business.

Comment

To beat this subject to death (but still finding a Studebaker connection), the Mercedes Benz Club of America was founded in 1956. While it may not be the oldest car club, it is affiliated with the oldest vehicle manufacturer still in business.

Comment

Craig: Good points on the Oldsmobile and Plymouth Clubs, of course they have survived the demise of the label. (It's going to be awhile before many of us -myself included- come to regard them as orphans!)

JP: What's a Jowett? Jewitt I recognize, but Jowett?

Gary: I think we have to rule Jeep out. The present product is clearly a natural evolution of the original Jeep, even though it has lived in several foster homes along the way after its natural parents died.

BTW, has anyone tried to unfold in the rear seat of a new 4-door Wrangler? Good idea for kids, but adults may be a little cramped. (However, it does not compare with the 80-mile ride home I had to make as a 9-year old from The Decatur [IL] Auto Auction to the dealership in Paris IL in the crude rear compartment of a Nash Metropolitan! [:0] OUCH. That was in 1955. Sometime in 1958, I got to quit going to the chiropractor; he said he had done all he could! [}]) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Craig: Good points on the Oldsmobile and Plymouth Clubs, of course they have survived the demise of the label. (It's going to be awhile before many of us -myself included- come to regard them as orphans!)

JP: What's a Jowett? Jewitt I recognize, but Jowett?

Gary: I think we have to rule Jeep out. The present product is clearly a natural evolution of the original Jeep, even though it has lived in several foster homes along the way after its natural parents died.

BTW, has anyone tried to unfold in the rear seat of a new 4-door Wrangler? Good idea for kids, but adults may be a little cramped. (However, it does not compare with the 80-mile ride home I had to make as a 9-year old from The Decatur [IL] Auto Auction to the dealership in Paris IL in the crude rear compartment of a Nash Metropolitan! [:0] OUCH. That was in 1955. Sometime in 1958, I got to quit going to the chiropractor; he said he had done all he could! [}]) BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP
                  JP: They still make Corvettes! I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP
                    JP: They still make Corvettes! I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Oh hell, I'll quick looking then. BTW here's the Jowett site.

http://keithclements.co.uk/jowettnet/

JDP/Maryland
                      64 R2 GT cost to date
                      $58,185.77
                      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                      63 GT Hawk
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      59 Scotsman
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Oh hell, I'll quick looking then. BTW here's the Jowett site.

http://keithclements.co.uk/jowettnet/

JDP/Maryland
                        64 R2 GT cost to date
                        $58,185.77
                        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
                        63 GT Hawk
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        59 Scotsman
                        52 Starliner
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:[i] I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP
                          I believe that the Buick Reatta Club was founded while in the Reatta was in production. If you think you have problems finding a Stude part. try and get some Reatta parts. Prices are not expensive, they just don't exist.

Comment

quote:[i] I was posing the question about clubs begun when a marque was in production and surviving the marque's demise. BP
                            I believe that the Buick Reatta Club was founded while in the Reatta was in production. If you think you have problems finding a Stude part. try and get some Reatta parts. Prices are not expensive, they just don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                            X