Studebakers in South Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakers in South Dakota

Katie and I took a trip out to South Dakota 2 weeks ago and came across quite a few Studebakers. A few at the Pioneer Auto Museum in Murdo, SD and a few items at a smaller museum in Rapid City. The biggest surprise was when we took a different way towards Sturgis, SD and came across Boondocks near Deadwood. Awesome little place!
    Attached Files

Here are a few more from BoonDocks
    Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. Some unusual 30's vintage Studebakers that look desirable.....

Mark

Comment

That blue Dictator coupe was mine. I sold it to the museum in 1966 for $180 - tripling what I paid for it. I bought it from a mechanic so it was in great mechanical condition. When they wouldn't sell it back to me I began the search which led to the 37 President coupe I now have.

A neighbor took some pictures.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
          That blue Dictator coupe was mine. I sold it to the museum in 1966 for $180 - tripling what I paid for it. I bought it from a mechanic so it was in great mechanical condition. When they wouldn't sell it back to me I began the search which led to the 37 President coupe I now have.

A neighbor took some pictures.

That is super cool! I didn't know the museum was around that long either, and to have kept it all these years is pretty neat. Too bad they would not sell it back to you.

Comment

The Blue one is what caught my eye!

Mark

Comment

The last time there was a Zone Meet in the Black Hills, 3 or 4 years ago, we toured up to Boondocks with a bunch of Studebakers. This years Zone Meet in Custer, SD., which we plan to attend, may have a tour there again, we'll have to wait and see. Interesting place for sure, I'd go again.
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
              1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
              1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Working...
              X