Pictures of Studebakers in L.A. area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pictures of Studebakers in L.A. area

Over on the Stove-huggers forum week before last, I asked if anyone was going to the L.A. Roadster show and promised to post pics of any Studebakers or rods with Studebaker engines I seen while there. Well, I did find some there as well as around the area, but did not get to go out in the "Specialty Cars" lot where there were probably more. Just plain ran out of time, sorry. Anyway, here's what we found ! jb
    Attached Files

The Wagonaire in the Peterson was donated by my uncle, Dan Skidmore. I used to ride around in rear seat.
    Rob

Comment

You got two of my favorites in that mix!!!

The '54 hardtop is one of the BEST I have ever seen.
      Then there's that roadster. It's engine's s/n reads- "R NONE"

StudeDave '57
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

How did you break into that guy's Garage to get that nice looking 3rd. Seat Wagonaire Pic? Do you know him?

Looks like he is into British Cars as well.

UPDATE, I just noticed the "Rope" with stanchions like a Museum, are you telling me that Garage is a fake?

That is so REAL looking with the tar paper inside that would be in a Southern Calif. Stucco Garage complete with electrical Conduit and Plugs, suitcases on the shelf, a Half Plastered Firewall and door that would be the part of the Garage that is adjacent to the attached House, that is just incredible!

It all makes sense now, with mapman talking about Dan Skidmore's X Wagonaire being in the Peterson.

But I could not make sense of that because you said you were at the Roadster Show and around town in the L.A. Area. Duh, am I a little slow or what? Maybe just too gullible!
        Last edited by StudeRich; 06-19-2014, 12:38 AM.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          How did you break into that guy's Garage to get that nice looking 3rd. Seat Wagonaire Pic? Do you know him?

Looks like he is into British Cars as well.

UPDATE, I just noticed the "Rope" with stanchions like a Museum, are you telling me that Garage is a fake?

That is so REAL looking with the tar paper inside that would be in a Southern Calif. Stucco Garage complete with electrical Conduit and Plugs, suitcases on the shelf, a Half Plastered Firewall and door that would be the part of the Garage that is adjacent to the attached House, that is just incredible!

It all makes sense now, with mapman talking about Dan Skidmore's X Wagonaire being in the Peterson.

But I could not make sense of that because you said you were at the Roadster Show and around town in the L.A. Area. Duh, am I a little slow or what? Maybe just too gullible!
          Yep, that 'suburban garage scene' is in the Peterson Museum.

Craig

Comment

Thanks for posting the pictures, I enjoyed them. I especially like the Coupe Express.

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys ! There were two other Studes in the Peterson museum, but we were not allowed to take pics in "the vault". One was a supercharged Avanti that was quite nice, and the guide was really excited about it, but just a wee bit un-accurate, as he told us that "all you had to do was push a button on the dash and that supercharger would slam you back in the seat !" Cute thought, but...... The other one down in the vault was a 53 coupe race car that he said had over 800 horsepower, so I'll assume it was just a tad past "pure stock", Ha !

Studerich, I looked around to see if we had went past the museum and wandered into some guys garage too, it was great !

Blue 15G, I also slobbered over the Coupe Express, and took 3 or 4 more pics, but the price and condition made it a non-do'er for me. Can't start another project this late in life in that kind of condition. If it would have been more reasonable and able to move under it's own power....hmmmm ???

Comment

Working...
              X