Studebaker Auction - Colton, SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Auction - Colton, SD

Supercharged Avanti, Daytona Hardtop and about a dozen others to pick from. Pictures on the webpage. Would hate to see the iron guy get a bunch without any competition.
    http://www.suttonauction.com/Auctions/Beck.aspx#
    Skinny___'59 Lark VIII Regal____'60 Lark Marshal___

I know of one person from our chapter who is planning to attend.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

Was thinking of attending and ultimately decided not to.Don't need a vehicle and the parts description leaves much to be desired and a phone call didnt help much.
      Happy hunting to those who attend
      Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

I have been thinking about this auction for a couple of weeks now but I haven't decided for sure yet. I have a cousin getting married that day and I told him that I would come....but Studebakers might be more important.
        Will you be there Skinny? If we meet up there, I will buy you and Mrs. Skinny a gourmet hotdog.
        sigpic
        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

That hotdog sounds pretty good Brent, but still haven't decided on what the plan is. It's "Back to the Fifties" weekend also......

Comment

Originally posted by bob40 View Post
            Was thinking of attending and ultimately decided not to.Don't need a vehicle and the parts description leaves much to be desired and a phone call didnt help much.
            Happy hunting to those who attend
            I'm like you Bob. Was thinking of attending. When I first saw the notice on our chapter website more than a month ago I was hoping maybe it would be something on the order of Ken Voigt's sale in 2006. I also called and was told pics were coming but they didn't until just a couple of weeks ago. Was disappointed at the condition of most of the cars compared to what I was told, and no listing or pics of the supposed "many parts" to be included. Decided to just stay home and save my gas money for some other trip.
            \'57 3E6-12 Transtar Deluxe
            \'64 Daytona HT

Comment

The one Champ pickup that has been slightly crunched in the front looks quite solid.
              Paul
              Winston-Salem, NC
              Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I love auctions, but have 2 pass this time. I am a parts guy & it doesn't sound like they have that much and travel expenses are a killer these days.
                I recall that Silver's big Yakima auction of '01 barely mentioned parts in all of their big ads, but after I got someone on the phone about parts, my next call was for a flight. It was a huge parts bonanza with few serious bidders and well worth my trip from Texas. Ken's auction was also worth my trip, just wish I had brought more $$.
                Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Anybody here make it to this auction today? I was halfway there with my F150 and car trailer when it suddenly blew a sparkplug out of the left head. So, I turned around and went back home running on seven cylinders.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's a shame you didn't make it Brent......we were looking forward to those hotdogs....... I thought it was a pretty good auction, lots of cars and parts. A vendor that likes to travel to swap meets could have picked up some NOS sheet metal/parts along with a selection of used stuff. Probably about two dozen Studes to bid on, but the star of the auction was the R2 Avanti. I wasn't that interested, so I didn't check any numbers or the under side, but it didn't look too bad overall. It was a little rough around the edges, but looked like it would run (with all the blower stuff in place including the belt) and had a powershift with orange interior. I made some predictions to some friends, but with a selling price in the 15K range I was a bit off to say the least.

It took some willpower not to bid on this Strato Blue '64 Daytona hardtop as it only made it to around a grand. Useable interior and a pretty solid body (may be a runner also, but none were started) made it very tempting to bring home.

This was the one of 4 Champs (one of two with OD 5-speeds) that I was watching and not going to let go too cheap anyway. Luckily the bidding went well and it also brought just over a grand. Needed some work, but had a probably running 4 barrel engine and looked solid enough to work with.

The wagon had a roof rack and a V8 overdrive, but just didn't take off without the sliding roof. I think it made it to 5 or 6 hundred bucks, which was much better than many cars that didn't make it to the 2 hundred mark.

I bid for a while on this 4-speed setup and engine, but just wasn't comfortable bidding on an unknown/unopened trans when it got up around $500.

My trailer didn't come home with a car, but did pick up a couple '59-'60 hoods with an old fender thrown in, a set of new 15" chrome reverses, a late intake and 5 new sets of head gaskets mixed in with some used ones. Auction only lasted about 2 hours, so we didn't even get a hotdog.......but did stop by Dairy Queen on the way home.

Comment

I was sooooooo disappointed when my pickup blew out that spark plug. I ended up going to my cousin's wedding as I had no excuse not to attend....
                      Scott, did you get to hear any of the cars/trucks run? Sounds like I missed out on some good deals, but at least the Avanti sounds a bit overpriced.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                        I was sooooooo disappointed when my pickup blew out that spark plug. I ended up going to my cousin's wedding as I had no excuse not to attend....
                        Scott, did you get to hear any of the cars/trucks run? Sounds like I missed out on some good deals, but at least the Avanti sounds a bit overpriced.
                        They didn't make any attempt to start them or even mention if they were suppose to run, you just bid on what you saw. Sorry you didn't make it, I'd bet you wouldn't have went home with an empty trailer. I can deliver my Marshal over to your place if that will help ease the pain of not bringing something home this weekend.

Comment

I'll pass on the Marshall for now.
                          I would have likely bought a Champ or two and some NOS sheet metal had I made it. On the bright side, I guess I saved some money that I can put towards repairing my rust-bucket F150.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnys Garage View Post
                            My trailer didn't come home with a car, but did pick up a couple '59-'60 hoods with an old fender thrown in, a set of new 15" chrome reverses, a late intake and 5 new sets of head gaskets mixed in with some used ones. Auction only lasted about 2 hours, so we didn't even get a hotdog.......but did stop by Dairy Queen on the way home.

Cool unused Chrome rims..

Comment

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                              Cool unused Chrome rims..
                              Thanks, that's exactly what I thought when I couldn't stop bidding! They're a matched set of 15X6 Durachromes with 3.25" backspacing and a 4-1/2" bolt circle. According to the box invoice tag, they were sold through JC Penny in Sept '73 to Max (the Stude collector this estate auction was for). Two were still sealed in the boxes and two have had tires mounted at one time, but not bolted on. I can only guess that the offset wasn't right for tire clearance or just wasn't the look he was going for and they were shelved. Not sure what I'll use them on, but they have always been one of my favorite wheels.

Comment

Working...
                              X