Studebaker Junior (or goat) wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Junior (or goat) wagon

I was all geared up to attempt to buy one at auction this weekend until I finally got in touch with the auctioneer. In the course of the conversation I asked if was the real McCoy or a reproduction. He responded he THOUGHT it was a reproduction, but was not sure.

Is there anyone here that has any knowledge of them and can provide some tips on how to determine if it is real or a later copy?

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

quote:Originally posted by Guido

I was all geared up to attempt to buy one at auction this weekend until I finally got in touch with the auctioneer. In the course of the conversation I asked if was the real McCoy or a reproduction. He responded he THOUGHT it was a reproduction, but was not sure.
    [
    Here is a replica the Michiana Chapter is currently raffling off.

http://michiana-chapter-sdc.com/08rafflejrwagon.html

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

[
      Here is a replica the Michiana Chapter is currently raffling off.

http://michiana-chapter-sdc.com/08rafflejrwagon.html

Comment

Wonder where the kid's are today?
        Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Wonder where the kid's are today?
          Jeff[8D]

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Richard Quinn can tell you. I was talking to him about them at Hershey. He has bought reproductions to sell.

Leonard Shepherd
            http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Richard Quinn can tell you. I was talking to him about them at Hershey. He has bought reproductions to sell.

Leonard Shepherd
              http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Anybody remember the whicker goat cart Carroll Studebaker had at Gettysburg? I believe it formerly belonged to Dwight Eisenhower. Anyone know what became of it?

Brad Johnson
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Anybody remember the whicker goat cart Carroll Studebaker had at Gettysburg? I believe it formerly belonged to Dwight Eisenhower. Anyone know what became of it?

Brad Johnson
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
                  "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                  Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                  sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Working...
                  X