ID:	1744075Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 HAWK 029.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1744076Click image for larger version

Name:	more studebaker 004.jpg
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	1744077I feel like I am starting to get some where, when you start to put together instead of take apart, this is a rebuilt R1 with a GM 5 speed and a 373 rear. Waiting on the disc brakes to get here and some axle seals for the flange axles.

Sweet. I've been there, too. I'm upgrading to disc brakes and 373 rear before the races in September. Looks like you started with a good example, not too much rust. Congrats.
    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Thanks, it seems like a very long road to get this far. It did have some rust, I replaced the floor on the right side and both rockers and patched the back fenders. The frame was very nice I had it sand blasted and power painted.

Comment

Looking really good!!

Comment

is that the infamous Naugle boneyard ?

Comment

Very nice job on the GT! I feel your pain. I'm working on my '64 GT but not anywhere as far along as you are. That will be one sweet ride with the mechanicals you describe. Are you planning on adding A/C? Good luck.
            Rob in (rusty) PA.

Comment

[QUOTE=TMAN0950;849422]Click image for larger version

Name:	1962 HAWK 029.jpg
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1744076QUOTE]

Where was this picture taken? There is a relatively rare 61 two door wagon in the picture behind your car.

Nick

Comment

Hi, this car did come from Mr. Naugle, A friend of my dad bought it new here in Tucson. In 1966 it was sold to my friend in high school, he had this 62 GT Hawk and I had a 57 Silver Hawk the only two Hawks in HS. My Hawk was totaled not long after HS. This Hawk fell in disrepair and Chuck Naugle got it and it was there for over 30 years. When ever I saw Chuck I always ask if he would sell me this Hawk and it took years before he did. My friend who owned it in HS has passed so it was up to me to save it. And I am putting AC in it, also Power Steering and Disc brakes. There is so much more to do I hope I can finish it. Thanks for looking, Terry

Comment

Working...
                X