A FUN Time at Hershey???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A FUN Time at Hershey???

With those kinds of attitudes displayed by the folks running the show, I'd tell 'em where to stick it!
    The rules sounds infinitely worse than the DMV, like some perverse bureaucracy or a crazily complex college hazing.

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

With those kinds of attitudes displayed by the folks running the show, I'd tell 'em where to stick it!
      The rules sounds infinitely worse than the DMV, like some perverse bureaucracy or a crazily complex college hazing.

Chris Pile
      The Studebaker Special
      Midway Chapter SDC
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Sorry for your problems. I always park across the road and never have had any trouble getting in, but I will see this year. Of course, I am a member of the AACA, but nobody ever asked me if I was and I have been many times when I was not a member.

I think they thought you were you trying to get a vendor spot. You only have to have a sticker if you are a vendor, otherwise you can walk on in for free, unlike Carlisle.

Hershey is not a privately owned swap meet like Carlisle. It is the AACA National Meet. I think that the Studebaker International Meets also require vendors to belong to SDC.

Leonard Shepherd
        http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Sorry for your problems. I always park across the road and never have had any trouble getting in, but I will see this year. Of course, I am a member of the AACA, but nobody ever asked me if I was and I have been many times when I was not a member.

I think they thought you were you trying to get a vendor spot. You only have to have a sticker if you are a vendor, otherwise you can walk on in for free, unlike Carlisle.

Hershey is not a privately owned swap meet like Carlisle. It is the AACA National Meet. I think that the Studebaker International Meets also require vendors to belong to SDC.

Leonard Shepherd
          http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Actually I did want a vendor spot but the inflexibility of the people running the show was very disconcerting. There is NO QUESTION it was MY fault for not calling earlier but you know what they say about ASSUMING....And of course, if everone was as slow as I was to call for a spot, there would be THOUSANDS of people trying to join AACA at the show--obviously a bad situation. But there were NOT thousands, only me, as far as I knew. And I DID go against the INFLEXIBLE rules by NOT LEAVING as I was directed to do.

But frankly, I had driven many miles from San Antonio to do the show (tho not only this show) and was hard pressed to understand why a few minutes of parking in the wrong place would have been so terrible for the show. Of course, it's not MY show and as GIGANTIC as it is, THERE MUST BE RULES. My only thot was that SOME flexibility would have been not only WELCOME but would have made things go more smoothly.

But...As Zig Ziglar says, They were flea trainers and I was the flea!

John

Comment

Actually I did want a vendor spot but the inflexibility of the people running the show was very disconcerting. There is NO QUESTION it was MY fault for not calling earlier but you know what they say about ASSUMING....And of course, if everone was as slow as I was to call for a spot, there would be THOUSANDS of people trying to join AACA at the show--obviously a bad situation. But there were NOT thousands, only me, as far as I knew. And I DID go against the INFLEXIBLE rules by NOT LEAVING as I was directed to do.

But frankly, I had driven many miles from San Antonio to do the show (tho not only this show) and was hard pressed to understand why a few minutes of parking in the wrong place would have been so terrible for the show. Of course, it's not MY show and as GIGANTIC as it is, THERE MUST BE RULES. My only thot was that SOME flexibility would have been not only WELCOME but would have made things go more smoothly.

But...As Zig Ziglar says, They were flea trainers and I was the flea!

John

Comment

Folks in defense of the Hershey Region AACA chapter that runs this meet I know what they go through. It is a massive undertaking and they must be inflexible in breaking long established rules. I have been attending Hershey for over thirty years and it has always been the same for vending. If you want to vend next year, register NOW as the spaces are at a premium. If you are already in Hershey come down to Studebaker Row on the Chocolote Field introduce yourself and join in the fun. We will be here through Saturday and it is always a blast. If you want to register for the 2008 Meet in Lancaster we will allow you to do that. If you want to volunteer to help we will greatly appreciate that too. If you want to relax talk Studebakers and have a bresky we can arrange that too. There is no defense for rudness just coat the negatives with chocolote. Stop by and see us @CCN#29

See you in the future as I write about our past
                sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Folks in defense of the Hershey Region AACA chapter that runs this meet I know what they go through. It is a massive undertaking and they must be inflexible in breaking long established rules. I have been attending Hershey for over thirty years and it has always been the same for vending. If you want to vend next year, register NOW as the spaces are at a premium. If you are already in Hershey come down to Studebaker Row on the Chocolote Field introduce yourself and join in the fun. We will be here through Saturday and it is always a blast. If you want to register for the 2008 Meet in Lancaster we will allow you to do that. If you want to volunteer to help we will greatly appreciate that too. If you want to relax talk Studebakers and have a bresky we can arrange that too. There is no defense for rudness just coat the negatives with chocolote. Stop by and see us @CCN#29

Comment

I'd love to do everything you say but....I'm on my way to NJ for a different show.

Frankly, now that I have calmed down a little, I realize that I probably was not the only one with my "problem" (stupdity!) and if they let everyone do what I wanted, it would disrupt the process.

So, next year, I'll have joined the club and gotten my reservation in on time and not have this situation again.

One more thing, I would not have wanted the job of ANYONE I spoke with (or AT!) today. They were just following the rules and I was BELLYaching!!

Thanx for letting me rant.

John

Comment

I'd love to do everything you say but....I'm on my way to NJ for a different show.

Frankly, now that I have calmed down a little, I realize that I probably was not the only one with my "problem" (stupdity!) and if they let everyone do what I wanted, it would disrupt the process.

So, next year, I'll have joined the club and gotten my reservation in on time and not have this situation again.

One more thing, I would not have wanted the job of ANYONE I spoke with (or AT!) today. They were just following the rules and I was BELLYaching!!

Thanx for letting me rant.

John

Comment

John

Having been in their shoes on many occassions including at our own York Swap Meet all I can say is it is a Thankless task done for the benefit of all. Where is the NJ show? If you want to vend at the SDC International meet next year go to www.sdcmeet.com and there you will find a vender registration form, Fill it out and we will be glad to have you there as part of the family. Both indoor and outdoor space is available. If you have problems for some reason let me know.

Comment

John

Having been in their shoes on many occassions including at our own York Swap Meet all I can say is it is a Thankless task done for the benefit of all. Where is the NJ show? If you want to vend at the SDC International meet next year go to www.sdcmeet.com and there you will find a vender registration form, Fill it out and we will be glad to have you there as part of the family. Both indoor and outdoor space is available. If you have problems for some reason let me know.

Comment

Will be doing an RV show in Edison NJ this weekend. As for the SDC vendor spot for next year, will get that done online.

Have a great time at Hershey.

John

Comment

Will be doing an RV show in Edison NJ this weekend. As for the SDC vendor spot for next year, will get that done online.

Have a great time at Hershey.

John

Comment

Working...
                              X