Studebaker Precedent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Precedent

Hey! It IS from Indiana! Just about 20 years too late!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...QQcmdZViewItem

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

That IS "SPECIAL" alright!! Can you imagine trying to see out of the right rear in that thing?

Ya got yer backwards high backed buckets, then you got that gigantic big "C" pillar in the way, there's NO WAY you can see anything like when trying to park it!

Only 2 made eh? I think I can see why!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

That IS "SPECIAL" alright!! Can you imagine trying to see out of the right rear in that thing?

Ya got yer backwards high backed buckets, then you got that gigantic big "C" pillar in the way, there's NO WAY you can see anything like when trying to park it!

Only 2 made eh? I think I can see why!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

And it has a wet bar? Do we need more drunks on the road esp in this one ?

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

And it has a wet bar? Do we need more drunks on the road esp in this one ?

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Wonder how many Studes you could restore with the time, equipment, planning and money it took to build two of these?[B)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
            Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Wonder how many Studes you could restore with the time, equipment, planning and money it took to build two of these?[B)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
              Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Did anyone notice it was made by the "Lands" Co.? What if Mr. Lands had decided to call his van a Cruiser? A Lands Cruiser? How quick would Toyota have jumped on them? What probably would have transpired would pretty much have mirrored what happened with the stillborn Studebaker XUV.

Which makes me wonder.... I wonder if that XUV is collecting dust in Mexico. [?]

Miscreant adrift in
                the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                1960 Larkvertible V8
                1958 Provincial wagon
                1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Did anyone notice it was made by the "Lands" Co.? What if Mr. Lands had decided to call his van a Cruiser? A Lands Cruiser? How quick would Toyota have jumped on them? What probably would have transpired would pretty much have mirrored what happened with the stillborn Studebaker XUV.

Which makes me wonder.... I wonder if that XUV is collecting dust in Mexico. [?]

Miscreant adrift in
                  the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe

Comment

Working...
                  X