Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Members cars not in Turning Wheels

Leonard,
    Your car is pictured on page 24 upper left corner.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Leonard,

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Forum Members cars not in Turning Wheels

I don't want to start a controversy here, but I just got my Turning Wheels and I noticed that some of our forum members who had cars at the South Bend Meet were not pictured in Turning Wheels.

Before anybody tells me...I know the reason. We did not elect to have our cars judged. I still think we should have our car pictures in TW. Maybe it might cost a little more to add more pages, but I feel we should all be represented. Some of us, like myself, don't want our cars judged but still want to participate.

Even Dick Steinkamp's beautiful Starliner wasn't pictured

And Matthew wasn't in there

Neither was Bams50 (Bob Andrews) although his car was shown in his excellent article about the transmission seminar.

And of course, mine

Were there any other forum members who had their car on the show field that weren't included in TW?

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Gary Sanders
        Yeah, I saw that one Gary. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Gary Sanders
          Yeah, I saw that one Gary. I guess I shouldn't complain.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
            I'LL give you credit, Gary [^]. I was with you when you took them
            And thanks for your help in getting them off of Deb's computer and to Art.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp
              I'LL give you credit, Gary [^]. I was with you when you took them
              And thanks for your help in getting them off of Deb's computer and to Art.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

My buggy made it but I was not given credit for the pictures I took of the transmission rebuild.
                It appears that in an effort to squeeze the article into the alloted space, there wasn't room for every caption desired. I would rather have had a caption under the pictures naming who was who- those guys did the hard work while the rest of us were observing and/or off enjoying food and gatherings[8D]

Yet another thanks to Gord, Doc, Tom, and Phil for all you did that day[^]

NOTE: This response posted out of sequence.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Guido

My buggy made it but I was not given credit for the pictures I took of the transmission rebuild.
                  It appears that in an effort to squeeze the article into the alloted space, there wasn't room for every caption desired. I would rather have had a caption under the pictures naming who was who- those guys did the hard work while the rest of us were observing and/or off enjoying food and gatherings[8D]

Yet another thanks to Gord, Doc, Tom, and Phil for all you did that day[^]

NOTE: This response posted out of sequence.

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

A number of years ago, when I was on the Board, there was a push to drop the policy of putting all judged cars in TW. I fought to keep including at least all of the prize winning cars. Keep in mind that there are usually as many not for judging cars as there are judged cars. To picture them all would double the number of pictures/pages. To me, it is a good compromise to picture those that paid for judging. You can pay for judging and still mark your judging sheet "do not judge" and then your vehicle will still be on the field and pictured in TW. TWs usually includes a few pictures of interesting vehicles that were not judged, but not all of them. The Editors, Publisher and Board are really the correct ones to speak to this, but I give you my take.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

A number of years ago, when I was on the Board, there was a push to drop the policy of putting all judged cars in TW. I fought to keep including at least all of the prize winning cars. Keep in mind that there are usually as many not for judging cars as there are judged cars. To picture them all would double the number of pictures/pages. To me, it is a good compromise to picture those that paid for judging. You can pay for judging and still mark your judging sheet "do not judge" and then your vehicle will still be on the field and pictured in TW. TWs usually includes a few pictures of interesting vehicles that were not judged, but not all of them. The Editors, Publisher and Board are really the correct ones to speak to this, but I give you my take.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Were there any other forum members who had their car on the show field that weren't included in TW?
                        Mine wasn't; but to be honest, I really didn't want THAT one in TW![] If this will make you happy, yours did make our September issue of our local chapter's newsletter!!

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Mine wasn't; but to be honest, I really didn't want THAT one in TW![] If this will make you happy, yours did make our September issue of our local chapter's newsletter!!

Craig

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X