No announcement yet.

Willie J's Studes - pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of my favorite rides is an SLS or STS Seville with that engine.
    If you have not ridden in one, let alone driven one.... You know not what this engine means to whatever it is stuck into....
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by sbca96
    Now THAT'S a Studellac!! []
    Beautiful cars, Willie!!!! [^]

Deep-N-Hock Acres
    Brooklet, Georgia
    DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
    '37 Coupe Express
    '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
    '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner - project)
    Mysterious Project Z
    http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

One of my favorite rides is an SLS or STS Seville with that engine.
      If you have not ridden in one, let alone driven one.... You know not what this engine means to whatever it is stuck into....
      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Dick Steinkamp

quote:Originally posted by sbca96
      Now THAT'S a Studellac!! []
      Beautiful cars, Willie!!!! [^]

Deep-N-Hock Acres
      Brooklet, Georgia
      DEEPNHOCK at Gmail.com
      '37 Coupe Express
      '37 Coupe Express Trailer (project)
      '61 Hawk (project: Ist Gen Owner - project)
      Mysterious Project Z
      http://community.webshots.com/user/deepnhock

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by willie j
        I have both modified stuff and stock stuff. They are all good combinations.
        (Not trying to start anything here [}], but why is it that hot rodders generally appreciate (and often own) stockers, but the stock guys often have no use for a modified car?)

Probably the best "collection" I've seen, Bill []. They are all just gorgeous!

I am liking the 50-51 2 door sedans more and more. I think they might even be BETTER proportioned than the Starlights.

Dick Steinkamp
        Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by willie j
          I have both modified stuff and stock stuff. They are all good combinations.
          (Not trying to start anything here [}], but why is it that hot rodders generally appreciate (and often own) stockers, but the stock guys often have no use for a modified car?)

Probably the best "collection" I've seen, Bill []. They are all just gorgeous!

I am liking the 50-51 2 door sedans more and more. I think they might even be BETTER proportioned than the Starlights.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

What did he do with all the removed/rejected Studebaker engines and trannys? Sounds like a good source for snubbed power trains.

Las Vegas, NV
            '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434
            Like Chris Pile said, most of these cars were purchased with the Chevy or Cadillac power trains. The complete power train I took out of the 1964 Lark Convertible was sold to a good friend of mine who is in the process of installing it in a 1953 Stude Starliner. This is a car he put together from several different parts cars and the 259 and newer powerflite tranny will make a nice power train for this car that would have otherwise been destined for the scrap pile.

By the way, I have a 1963 GT Hawk that I am in the process of finishing and it has the 289 with stock AFB Carter four barrel carb, three on the tree with overdrive, power steering and factory AC. This car will be put back together bone stock because it is a very good power train combination. This car is a regal red color with new paint and black reproduction interior. I have both modified stuff and stock stuff. They are all good combinations.

Willie J

Comment

quote:Originally posted by vegas paul

What did he do with all the removed/rejected Studebaker engines and trannys? Sounds like a good source for snubbed power trains.

Las Vegas, NV
              '51 Champion Business Coupe G899965 10G-Q4-1434
              Like Chris Pile said, most of these cars were purchased with the Chevy or Cadillac power trains. The complete power train I took out of the 1964 Lark Convertible was sold to a good friend of mine who is in the process of installing it in a 1953 Stude Starliner. This is a car he put together from several different parts cars and the 259 and newer powerflite tranny will make a nice power train for this car that would have otherwise been destined for the scrap pile.

By the way, I have a 1963 GT Hawk that I am in the process of finishing and it has the 289 with stock AFB Carter four barrel carb, three on the tree with overdrive, power steering and factory AC. This car will be put back together bone stock because it is a very good power train combination. This car is a regal red color with new paint and black reproduction interior. I have both modified stuff and stock stuff. They are all good combinations.

Willie J

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

Man! Luv that Studelac. (just needs more rubber under the rear)

Jerry Forrester
                Be sure to check out my eBay store
                http://stores.ebay.com/CHROME-CHROME-CHROME_
                for your shiny Stude stuff
                Jerry,

The photo of the 53 Studilac was taken by the previous owner. I agree with you about needing more rubber under the rear. The first thing I did was put the widest wires I could get under the rear which were about 1 1/4 inches wider. I didn't want to go with a taller tire because the car has a 308 gear in it and with the 700R4 tranny I didn't want to lose all of my power. Another reason I couldn't go with a lot wider tire is that the differential is almost too wide for the car. Text book would be to narrow the differential by one inch on each side. I decided not to do this because of the expense etc. It works good and looks a lot better with the wider tires I put on the rear. The car is a very fast car. When you are hammering it it shifts out of third gear and into overdrive at about 105 MPH. Haven't had a chance to put it to its top speed yet. Car should run in the range of 150 to 160 mph the way it is geared and with the power of the Cadillac Northstar engine. I am an old retired drag racer and never have gotten over the SPEED DISEASE.

Willie J

Willie J

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jerry Forrester

Man! Luv that Studelac. (just needs more rubber under the rear)

Jerry Forrester
                  Jerry,

The photo of the 53 Studilac was taken by the previous owner. I agree with you about needing more rubber under the rear. The first thing I did was put the widest wires I could get under the rear which were about 1 1/4 inches wider. I didn't want to go with a taller tire because the car has a 308 gear in it and with the 700R4 tranny I didn't want to lose all of my power. Another reason I couldn't go with a lot wider tire is that the differential is almost too wide for the car. Text book would be to narrow the differential by one inch on each side. I decided not to do this because of the expense etc. It works good and looks a lot better with the wider tires I put on the rear. The car is a very fast car. When you are hammering it it shifts out of third gear and into overdrive at about 105 MPH. Haven't had a chance to put it to its top speed yet. Car should run in the range of 150 to 160 mph the way it is geared and with the power of the Cadillac Northstar engine. I am an old retired drag racer and never have gotten over the SPEED DISEASE.

Willie J

Willie J

Comment

[/quote]

Jerry,

Willie J
                    [/quote]

Willie, I understand and agree with everything you said. I hope you understand, I wasn't disin' your car, just making an oberservation and I see that you have rectified what I would say is a negative. You may want to think about an S-10 rear. A multitude of R&P gears are available for it. I have one in my '55 HT with 4.56 gears behind a Camaro 5 speed. I am running P255-70R 15's with 1/2" clearance between the tire and fender and between the tire and spring.

Jerry Forrester
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

[/quote]

Jerry,

Willie J
                      [/quote]

Willie, I understand and agree with everything you said. I hope you understand, I wasn't disin' your car, just making an oberservation and I see that you have rectified what I would say is a negative. You may want to think about an S-10 rear. A multitude of R&P gears are available for it. I have one in my '55 HT with 4.56 gears behind a Camaro 5 speed. I am running P255-70R 15's with 1/2" clearance between the tire and fender and between the tire and spring.

Jerry Forrester
                      Jerry Forrester
                      Forrester's Chrome
                      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                      X