Help guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help guys

Hi I live in England just had shipped over from California a 1950 1/2 truck missing passenger windows I can get glass cut but the drop glass has a trim on the edge next to the 1/4 light any body ? Also does any company make windshield and rear window rubbers

thanks Mark Walton

Hi Mark, I see you posted this about six hours ago. I'm not a truck guy but I thought I would chime in so you don't think you're being ignored. It's a long Holiday Weekend in the US (Memorial Day) and you probably will not get a response until Tuesday.

By the way I would be amazed if the Truck guys on this forum can't help you.

Murray
    Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

http://sites.google.com/site/intrigu...tivehistories/

(/url) https://goo.gl/photos/ABBDQLgZk9DyJGgr5

Comment

Mark,
      I think you will probably find everything you need at Studebaker International. Rubber parts from Valerie Hansen. See her ad on page 60 of your May issue of Turning Wheels, as well as other vendors specializing in Studebakers.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Thanks for your help guys will keep on looking

Comment

Shouldn't the passenger and driver's windows be identical? pop out the driver's side and use it for a template....
          As for the rest, rockne10's post above should be correct. I ordered my rubber from Valerie's company (Bill Fennessey at the time) some time ago and it's correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs K Corbin View Post
            Shouldn't the passenger and driver's windows be identical? pop out the driver's side and use it for a template....
            As for the rest, rockne10's post above should be correct. I ordered my rubber from Valerie's company (Bill Fennessey at the time) some time ago and it's correct.

I believe he is referring to the stainless pieces approximately a foot long and half inch wide that the fuzzy strips mount into. They do come in a right and left.
            sigpic
            Lark Parker --Just an innocent possum strolling down life's highway.

Comment

Mark-
              I may have both of those chrome divider strips that attach to the door windows. However (there's always a "however"!), I won't be able to look for them for the next couple of weeks. If you don't find anyone else with one, drop me a PM around June 10. Also, suggest you also post your question on the Stude Truck Talk site -- there are several regular posters there who have fleets of Stude trucks they're parting out.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Thanks again boys

Comment

Still looking for the window strip passenger side ,and vent window complete for the same side (passenger side ) come on guys take a look in that old barn ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lark Parker View Post
                    I believe he is referring to the stainless pieces approximately a foot long and half inch wide that the fuzzy strips mount into. They do come in a right and left.
                    I believe the fuzzy "L" is available from SI, and not difficult to replace. Just in case someone has the stainless and assumes without good fuzzy the whole thing is unusable.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

I have a pass side vent window assy - needs glass replaced. Might have the stainless strip.
                      No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I have sent you a pm thanks mark

Comment

Working...
                        X