Got my birthday wish this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my birthday wish this year

Last year i so wanted to get my 56 Champion done so I could drive it on my birthday May 24. It did not happen for various reasons and had to leave it for the summer. This past winter I got it mostly completed as most of you who have been following my progress would know.
    This year my goal was to take it to the Chatham Car show which was on my birthday today.
    We got our radio back from getting it rebuilt last Saturday and got it installed this week as well I got my authentic A&W car hop tray for the A&W mugs Jessie bought me this week so off we went for a truly enjoyable day. The show and weather was great and made new friends. There were at least 2 larks and a Champ there today as well and a lot of photos were taken of our car.
    This was our first show and a beautiful start to a new season. Nick

Click image for larger version

Name:	ourcar1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	129.3 KB
ID:	1743977

Click image for larger version

Name:	jessie.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1743976

Jessie playing Car Hop
    Last edited by njonkman; 05-25-2014, 06:19 AM.

Congratulations, Nick; the car looksbeautiful!

Is that a 1973 Mustang convertible down two spots?

Anyway, you have to have one of the nicest 1956 Champions on the planet. Enjoy! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Happy birthday Nick!
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Only one more thing needed to make that birthday complete..... and it does not involve cars..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Mute View Post
          Only one more thing needed to make that birthday complete..... and it does not involve cars..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
          HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Could be a slight delay from waaay back in the Carolina hills. Great looking car. Much to celebrate. My wish for you is that it is the best birthday you have all year!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Happy Birthday Nick. Yesterday was certainly an excellent weather day for Studebakers. Love your car!

Stu Chapman

Comment

Happy Birthday and congrats on getting your beautiful Stude finished.
              Have fun driving it.
              Rog
              '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
              Smithtown,NY
              Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

The Champion is looking Great! It looks like you need some Root Beer or Water with Brown food color in those Mugs unless you have 7 UP in there!
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Happy birthday, and congratulations on getting your car ready. She looks really nice. I don't wonder that she was well photographed during the car show.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Looks good. Happy Birthday.

Comment

Working...
                    X