X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hotel.com

Is that a starliner on the hotel.com commercial
    Doug on the Alabama Gulf Coast

Is it this commercial? Hard to tell, there is only the side view of the car.
    sigpic

Comment

Having seen the commercial it looks more like a Plymouth Barracuda to me.
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
      1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
      1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

It looks like a '64-'66 Barracuda to me. The rear glass and reverse curve of the rear windows give it away...lifted from the Avanti?
        Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

...and the vent window pivots are in the wrong place for a K. Definitely Cuda.
          Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

As soon as I saw the window profile, I thought early Barracuda also.
            sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
            Searcy, Arkansas
            1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
            1952 2R pickup

Comment

My first thought was 64-66 Barracuda but the back glass didn't look big enough. My second car was going to be a 66 Barracuda when I went to the lot to look at it it was sold so I got a 66 Lemans instead.
              Doug

Comment

The first time I saw this ad I caught it mid-stream and also thought it might be a Studebaker. The next time I caught the whole thing and then changed my mind thinking now it is a Barracuda as others have said here.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I owned a '65 Barracuda and it had an enormous rear window. That son of a gun would cook whoever rode in the back seat. This car is not a Barracuda, of it it is, it has been modified. My initial reaction was 'Cuda. Definitely not a Studebaker

Comment

It's later that a 65 with the huge back window. Chrysler offered different models in the U.S. than Canada. Grills, and tail light treatments were different. That's a Cuda, but later than 66.
                    Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Probably a '68. Looks right.
                      Clark in San Diego
                      '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
                      http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

After looking at the ad and stopping at the side view, I realized that the car does not exactly match any of the Barracuda fastback pictures I have. The rear window is too big for the early Valiant hardtops and too small for a Barracuda. The other features look right, but I intend to do some searching for the correct profile.

After spending some time looking at pictures of early Barracudas and other cars, I still don't have a firm answer. The car looks much like a 64 Barracuda except for the back glass. The interior shot looks right and I even found a picture with that steering wheel. I wonder if the car has been modified at the back glass or if the car is a foreign car that uses a lot of the Barracuda styling. ???
                        Last edited by 52-fan; 05-23-2014, 10:22 AM.
                        sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

I agree with 52-fan. It is neither a Studebaker or a Barracuda. I have seen this car before but cannot remember what it is. It is a foreign (European) make.
                          Ed Sallia
                          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Working...
                          X