I need a set of Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a set of Wheels

I need a set of (four) original wheels for my 1962 daytona. This car is being restored so I need some nice wheels that aren't bent and would clean up well for paint. I would consider a set for disc brake cars since that's what I have on my other Studebakers.

Joe
    Last edited by irish; 05-20-2014, 01:48 PM.
    sigpic

1962 Daytona
    1964 Cruiser
    And a few others

Dave Thibeault sells new rims either primered or powder coated. http://www.studebaker-info.org/vendo...tbow0513b.html
    sigpic
    1961 Flamingo Studebaker Hawk

Comment

too bad you weren't closer. I have 4 nice wheels with new tires (205's) I'm selling soon...

Comment

Joe:

I have a set of four, matched, 1964 Studebaker disc brake wheels for Hawks and Larks. 4.5" wide; no tires on them.

I would consider selling them, but let me take one up to UPS and see what shipping would be to Owasso OK.

That might nix the deal, so sit tight. BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Joe: I would take $150 for the matched set in Post #4, FOB here. However, the shipping will likely cool your jets, and I understand.

I took one to the UPS store today for evaluation, with your address. They will package and ship all four of them for $110, =/- a dollar or two. So I would take $250 for the set, packaged and delivered to your door by UPS.

I know, these aren't 1957 Chevy wheels, so I understand if you are reluctant. "No problem."

However, if you are interested, I will e-mail you photos of any nicked or imperfect areas for your deciding. Overall, they are a nice set, however. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Try Fedex, a friend of mine shipped 16" truck rims for $10.00 each.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LarkR2Clone View Post
              Try Fedex, a friend of mine shipped 16" truck rims for $10.00 each.
              'Will do if Joe is interested, Jim. Thanks. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Bob, You're price seems fair and I assumed shipping would be around 20 to 30 dollars per wheel. IF FedEX can beat that price that would only sweeten the deal. Either way if you could email me some pics and the wheels look fine we have a deal. My email address is irishnra@cox.net

Thanks,
                Joe

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Joe: I would take $150 for the matched set in Post #4, FOB here. However, the shipping will likely cool your jets, and I understand.

I took one to the UPS store today for evaluation, with your address. They will package and ship all four of them for $110, =/- a dollar or two. So I would take $250 for the set, packaged and delivered to your door by UPS.

I know, these aren't 1957 Chevy wheels, so I understand if you are reluctant. "No problem."

However, if you are interested, I will e-mail you photos of any nicked or imperfect areas for your deciding. Overall, they are a nice set, however. BP
                sigpic

1962 Daytona
                1964 Cruiser
                And a few others

Comment

PM sent, Joe; pics will be in a day or two.
                  Sit tight; you have first dibs, and I'll check FedEx shipping, too, for a report. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

What about shipping them by bus? I hear that they are reasonable price wise.
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser
                    Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Joe: PMs sent to your home e-mail with 12 detailed photos. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Bob, thanks for the pics, the wheels look good. I'll take them! I sent you an email.

Thanks,
                        Joe
                        sigpic

1962 Daytona
                        1964 Cruiser
                        And a few others

Comment

Originally posted by irish View Post
                          I need a set of (four) original wheels for my 1962 daytona. This car is being restored so I need some nice wheels that aren't bent and would clean up well for paint. I would consider a set for disc brake cars since that's what I have on my other Studebakers.

Joe
                          I'll bet you could get some later MoPar (Dodge) wheels at a local junk yard a lot cheaper. That's what I've got on my '65 Cruiser and they are safer with larger tires, which ride nicer. I've got 205-75R-15's on my wheels. I think they are 6 inch wheels. My spare is on a stock Studebaker wheel, painted the correct cream color.

Last edited by jnfweber; 05-24-2014, 08:00 PM.
                          sigpic
                          Jack, in Montana

Comment

Joe, the wheels were shipped this morning via UPS, after which I deposited your check. Thanks!

PM sent with the UPS tracking numbers, as they wanted to put them in two boxes at what wound up being no extra charge(???) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Working...
                            X