Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGlowacky
    replied
    DMB 8. Now that's looks more like my color. Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    DMB 8. Now that's looks more like my color. Thank You.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by DMB-8

I saw the post of the 56 Golden Hawk and recognized it as my car.The picture is slightly off color it looks pinker than what the car actually is.I still have the car and it was in the northeast classic car museum last year.The color is oranger than the color that comes up on my computer.The picture may have faded some, it is almost 25 years old.
    Nice to see it is still around! I took that photo in the bright sun of the Concours at that year's International Meet. The image is a digital scan of the original negative, and could be 'color corrected' if need be, but it is very close to that shade as I remember.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by DMB-8

I saw the post of the 56 Golden Hawk and recognized it as my car.The picture is slightly off color it looks pinker than what the car actually is.I still have the car and it was in the northeast classic car museum last year.The color is oranger than the color that comes up on my computer.The picture may have faded some, it is almost 25 years old.
    Nice to see it is still around! I took that photo in the bright sun of the Concours at that year's International Meet. The image is a digital scan of the original negative, and could be 'color corrected' if need be, but it is very close to that shade as I remember.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• DMB-8
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DMB-8
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Craig
    I'm sorry, I cannot help it, but the front end of that car looks like one of those bottom feeding fish (sucker, lamprey, etc.) that attaches itself to another living organism to suck the life out of it. [:0] I sure like the colours on the '56 at the top of this thread though! [^]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 8E45E

Craig
    I'm sorry, I cannot help it, but the front end of that car looks like one of those bottom feeding fish (sucker, lamprey, etc.) that attaches itself to another living organism to suck the life out of it. [:0] I sure like the colours on the '56 at the top of this thread though! [^]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Good one '62! I may be losing other functions, but my eyesight is still hanging in pretty good, not much left behind them though!!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Good one '62! I may be losing other functions, but my eyesight is still hanging in pretty good, not much left behind them though!!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

NOT! Not even close, it's Tahiti Coral the '59 Lark and 4E Truck color!
    This has some pink in it with beige. [:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    So I am not even playing the same sport - much less running the bases in the right direction...

Guess age is catching up with my vision. And I thought all that loud music as a teen would damage my ears!

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
    [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Leave a comment:

• 62champ
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    So I am not even playing the same sport - much less running the bases in the right direction...

Guess age is catching up with my vision. And I thought all that loud music as a teen would damage my ears!

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
    [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
    [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    I just went back and looked at my pic's when I took the car apart. The inside color is orange just like the chip and new paint. The outside is pink/rose. I am now thinking this wagon was repainted to the Coraltone at some point or 50 years of sitting outside in the OK sun bleached it to a point where it looked pink. Either way I think I got the correct shade of Tangerine as I believe no one repainted the inside. Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• KGlowacky
    replied
    I just went back and looked at my pic's when I took the car apart. The inside color is orange just like the chip and new paint. The outside is pink/rose. I am now thinking this wagon was repainted to the Coraltone at some point or 50 years of sitting outside in the OK sun bleached it to a point where it looked pink. Either way I think I got the correct shade of Tangerine as I believe no one repainted the inside. Thanks everyone.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

Working...
X