chrome tailight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrome tailight

I have noticed on some 62 hawks the tail light housing is chrome and on others it is not. Mine is chrome. I also have the chrome turn signal housing on the front. As mentioned on another thred this indicates that it was made in Canada. Does the rear tail light houseing tell the same story?

Just found the issue of TW I was looking for.[Oct,'92.] FrEd Fox article,"Hawks-a primer" . 62 and 63 had painted taillight hsng with the raised portion chrome.-They look like the same part,but painted-so yours could have had the paint removed from them in the past.
    It also says that'all' domestic Hawks had the painted side grilles,but some cars assembled outside the states had chrome.This really doesn't mean a lot,because those side grilles are the same as older Hawks and could have been switched at one time.-or maybe someone had them installed at the factory,by twisting a dealers arm a little. Or,they could have been plated by a previous owner!
    The # on the door jamb and title will tell you where the car was built. A South Bend car will be: 62v 1001... A Canadian built # would be 62vc 1001...

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Just found the issue of TW I was looking for.[Oct,'92.] FrEd Fox article,"Hawks-a primer" . 62 and 63 had painted taillight hsng with the raised portion chrome.-They look like the same part,but painted-so yours could have had the paint removed from them in the past.
      It also says that'all' domestic Hawks had the painted side grilles,but some cars assembled outside the states had chrome.This really doesn't mean a lot,because those side grilles are the same as older Hawks and could have been switched at one time.-or maybe someone had them installed at the factory,by twisting a dealers arm a little. Or,they could have been plated by a previous owner!
      The # on the door jamb and title will tell you where the car was built. A South Bend car will be: 62v 1001... A Canadian built # would be 62vc 1001...

LaSalle,Il
      61Hawk
      Oglesby,Il.

Comment

You can order a copy of the build sheet for your car from the Studebaker Museum.Well worth the $25 or so to have it!

LaSalle,Il
        61Hawk
        Oglesby,Il.

Comment

You can order a copy of the build sheet for your car from the Studebaker Museum.Well worth the $25 or so to have it!

LaSalle,Il
          61Hawk
          Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
          X