Nice Champ in Petaluma Ca.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Champ in Petaluma Ca.

Well... I can't afford this one. Love to have the 289 with Twin Traction... but the price is a bit steep for my finances. If anyone is interested Here's the link:
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4458146678.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	00w0w_6Dn1VjplxSf_600x450.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	1743405Click image for larger version

Name:	00505_kIzSsJ1EA8k_600x450.jpg
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	1743406Click image for larger version

Name:	01515_jMm59BREnXD_600x450.jpg
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	1743407Click image for larger version

Name:	00v0v_2blSM6LJzs8_600x450.jpg
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	1743408

Nice truck but 7k is just a bit... okay, a lot steep for what one's getting here. Then again, I'm admittedly rather cheap in this department.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	emo3.gif
Views:	83
Size:	1,001 Bytes
ID:	1743409
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

IT's just plain overpriced. At $7K, he's gonna own it for awhile.
    No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

So what is a good price?
      \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
      The Replacements.

Comment

For that one i'd say $900 to $1800
        101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Even $2500 if it's truly a driver. Any more than that - he's dreamin'!
          No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, well I'd have to agree with the 'Clone. Though if it was safe to drive the truck home (about two hundred miles), I might consider 2500 for it. Still, she said that the truck needed attention to the brakes, "because it has been sitting for a while." Uh,huh... the price just dropped into the Clone's area.

Here's one of her messages to me on the truck:
            The truck however was completely looked over by a professional and all the work done on it last year was done by a professional mechanic. The engine is in great working order and the body is pretty good concidering it's age and use. I'm asking $7,000 mainly because this is a collectors item and you're not going to find too many of these around. I also put $3,000 into the truck to get it in better working order from where it was. With some aesthetic work the truck could be worth up $23,000.
            It's no worry if you are going to pass on it. Just wanted to be clear it has had some extensive professional work done to it recently, and runs very good.

This after telling her I have three and just picked up one for less than a grand in almost as good condition as she claims hers is in. Go figure. I did'nt think telling her that Studebakers don't go for the same prices as Chevys would do any good. Who knows? Someone just might decide the truck is worth seven grand for all I know...
            There is after all, the fellow in Humboldt who wants five grand for a '60 Champ in very rough condition. At least his engine is fully rebuilt though.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by studeclunker; 05-14-2014, 12:47 PM.
            Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Seen this mindset many times thru the years ----- "I spent X amount of dollars having this tired collectors item put back on it's feet - hoping I can find some fool who'll offset my goofy "investment" so I can feel good about myself."

Comment

Working...
              X