Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDP
    replied
    Big day today, the GT drove down the driveway, and back in the garage. It's the first time it's moved under it's own power in well over 10 years. I replaced the tach sender, got all the gages working and lit, replaced all 4 shocks. I replaced the front emergency brake cable and the replated chrome will be here Mon. Once I get it, I'll retorque the heads, do a final valve adjustment and install the chrome covers and air cleaner. That'll pretty much finish the mechanical bits. Then it's time to finish up the exterior. I just need to hang the grill, hood, base of windshield belt line pot metal and bumpers. (waiting for them)
    I just mounted a beater seat until everything is sorted out, then install the Phantom interior. If all the parts come in, she should be pretty much done this month.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Big day today, the GT drove down the driveway, and back in the garage. It's the first time it's moved under it's own power in well over 10 years. I replaced the tach sender, got all the gages working and lit, replaced all 4 shocks. I replaced the front emergency brake cable and the replated chrome will be here Mon. Once I get it, I'll retorque the heads, do a final valve adjustment and install the chrome covers and air cleaner. That'll pretty much finish the mechanical bits. Then it's time to finish up the exterior. I just need to hang the grill, hood, base of windshield belt line pot metal and bumpers. (waiting for them)
    I just mounted a beater seat until everything is sorted out, then install the Phantom interior. If all the parts come in, she should be pretty much done this month.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    The battery is temporary, and final detailing is further down the road. I have a potential buyer that wants to drive it if he ends up with the car, and may not want me to invest the time and money to go from say a 380 point car to a 390. I know from doing Goldie that you can spend a couple of hundred dollars a point at that level.
    Then again, I have another looker that wants a turn key show car, so who knows how far I'll go. BTW, I welcome any nit picking that I can get, even on stuff I know about. i.e. the trunk hinges are now painted body color too, and I thought they were unpainted.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    The battery is temporary, and final detailing is further down the road. I have a potential buyer that wants to drive it if he ends up with the car, and may not want me to invest the time and money to go from say a 380 point car to a 390. I know from doing Goldie that you can spend a couple of hundred dollars a point at that level.
    Then again, I have another looker that wants a turn key show car, so who knows how far I'll go. BTW, I welcome any nit picking that I can get, even on stuff I know about. i.e. the trunk hinges are now painted body color too, and I thought they were unpainted.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    quote:Them ain't the one ya gotta worry about! BTW, you're still as ugly as I am (actually, moreso by my mirror) - just skinnier.
    Bob ,get a new mirror that ones lying to you [}]

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

• stude freak
    replied
    quote:Them ain't the one ya gotta worry about! BTW, you're still as ugly as I am (actually, moreso by my mirror) - just skinnier.
    Bob ,get a new mirror that ones lying to you [}]

David Baggett '53 coupe

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Congratulations on the weight loss. You sound the same on the telephone, but you look much better and younger than when I last saw you in June.

I assume that you will get rid of that red top battery and paint the hood mount levers.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Congratulations on the weight loss. You sound the same on the telephone, but you look much better and younger than when I last saw you in June.

I assume that you will get rid of that red top battery and paint the hood mount levers.

Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Excellent work on the battery hold-down, JP! BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Excellent work on the battery hold-down, JP! BP

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    JDP notes: "Yep, lost 4 bowling balls."

Them ain't the one ya gotta worry about! BTW, you're still as ugly as I am (actually, moreso by my mirror) - just skinnier.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    JDP notes: "Yep, lost 4 bowling balls."

Them ain't the one ya gotta worry about! BTW, you're still as ugly as I am (actually, moreso by my mirror) - just skinnier.[xx(]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Yep, lost 4 bowling balls.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    Yep, lost 4 bowling balls.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• lstude
    replied
    Congratulations on the engine and loosing weight. For a contrast, I think this was you at York in 2006

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X