No announcement yet.

It's alive !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The battery is temporary, and final detailing is further down the road. I have a potential buyer that wants to drive it if he ends up with the car, and may not want me to invest the time and money to go from say a 380 point car to a 390. I know from doing Goldie that you can spend a couple of hundred dollars a point at that level.
    Then again, I have another looker that wants a turn key show car, so who knows how far I'll go. BTW, I welcome any nit picking that I can get, even on stuff I know about. i.e. the trunk hinges are now painted body color too, and I thought they were unpainted.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Big day today, the GT drove down the driveway, and back in the garage. It's the first time it's moved under it's own power in well over 10 years. I replaced the tach sender, got all the gages working and lit, replaced all 4 shocks. I replaced the front emergency brake cable and the replated chrome will be here Mon. Once I get it, I'll retorque the heads, do a final valve adjustment and install the chrome covers and air cleaner. That'll pretty much finish the mechanical bits. Then it's time to finish up the exterior. I just need to hang the grill, hood, base of windshield belt line pot metal and bumpers. (waiting for them)
      I just mounted a beater seat until everything is sorted out, then install the Phantom interior. If all the parts come in, she should be pretty much done this month.

JDP/Maryland
      64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
      63 Lark 2 door
      58 Packard HT
      56 Golden Hawk
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Big day today, the GT drove down the driveway, and back in the garage. It's the first time it's moved under it's own power in well over 10 years. I replaced the tach sender, got all the gages working and lit, replaced all 4 shocks. I replaced the front emergency brake cable and the replated chrome will be here Mon. Once I get it, I'll retorque the heads, do a final valve adjustment and install the chrome covers and air cleaner. That'll pretty much finish the mechanical bits. Then it's time to finish up the exterior. I just need to hang the grill, hood, base of windshield belt line pot metal and bumpers. (waiting for them)
        I just mounted a beater seat until everything is sorted out, then install the Phantom interior. If all the parts come in, she should be pretty much done this month.

JDP/Maryland
        64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
        63 Lark 2 door
        58 Packard HT
        56 Golden Hawk
        52 Starliner
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment