Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lstude
    replied
    Congratulations on the engine and loosing weight. For a contrast, I think this was you at York in 2006

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    You should have, and do have pressure at that point, the factory had a seal at that location, but none of the kits I've found has one. Most of them will weep a bit under high boost.

JDP/Maryland
    64 R2 GT cost to date $55046.57
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied
    You should have, and do have pressure at that point, the factory had a seal at that location, but none of the kits I've found has one. Most of them will weep a bit under high boost.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• FAK
    replied
    Congratulations JP! (not only on the successful rebuild, but also for the 60 lb weight loss!)

FAK

Leave a comment:

• FAK
    replied
    Congratulations JP! (not only on the successful rebuild, but also for the 60 lb weight loss!)

FAK

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    Edelbrock# 1471 includes seal and pump.

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    Edelbrock# 1471 includes seal and pump.

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    I think you can get the seal from edelbrock, they are used on Marine carbs. I had one come in a repair kit!

ErnieR

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Dick, as you probably know, it's a mixture of anticipation and raw fear. When you put together that many parts, no matter how many time you double check, you still fear some bad news. Other then a quarter turn on a couple of fitting, it was pretty boring I found out the guy had the wires swapped on the ammeter so it showed a charge with the lights on, and a discharge running, so I fixed that. All the gages are working except the tach even the clock. (I suspect a wiring error on the tach) I'll toss a used bucket seat in her, put it on the ground and take a spin in a few days. Then I'll have to work on something else until the chrome comes back.
    Any inda if any of the vendors sell a seal for the accelerator pump or how to make one ? The supercharger forces gas out around the plunger on the restored carb.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• bige
    replied
    I think you can get the seal from edelbrock, they are used on Marine carbs. I had one come in a repair kit!

ErnieR

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Dick, as you probably know, it's a mixture of anticipation and raw fear. When you put together that many parts, no matter how many time you double check, you still fear some bad news. Other then a quarter turn on a couple of fitting, it was pretty boring I found out the guy had the wires swapped on the ammeter so it showed a charge with the lights on, and a discharge running, so I fixed that. All the gages are working except the tach even the clock. (I suspect a wiring error on the tach) I'll toss a used bucket seat in her, put it on the ground and take a spin in a few days. Then I'll have to work on something else until the chrome comes back.
    Any inda if any of the vendors sell a seal for the accelerator pump or how to make one ? The supercharger forces gas out around the plunger on the restored carb.

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• JDP
    replied

JDP/Maryland
    64 Daytona HT/R2 clone
    63 Lark 2 door
    58 Packard HT
    56 Golden Hawk
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Congrats, JP! Always a great day when you start them for the first time...no matter how many you have done before. []

Leave a comment:

• Dick Steinkamp
    replied
    Congrats, JP! Always a great day when you start them for the first time...no matter how many you have done before. []

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Congrats, JDP. Of course, none who know you had any doubt your engine would fire on the first effort and run smoothly.

Also, good you gave us warning of the personal makeover. Add a clean t-shirt, an expensive haircut, and you now look like a guy who could afford to spend $60k on a GT restoration

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

• PackardV8
    replied
    Congrats, JDP. Of course, none who know you had any doubt your engine would fire on the first effort and run smoothly.

Also, good you gave us warning of the personal makeover. Add a clean t-shirt, an expensive haircut, and you now look like a guy who could afford to spend $60k on a GT restoration

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8

Leave a comment:

Working...
X