Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the SDC Moms!

If you still have a Mother,Why not take her for a ride in your Studebaker?

Mine has been gone for 19 years now but she rode many miles with me in a Studebaker.
    Neil Thornton

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
    Happy Mother's Day to all the SDC Moms!

If you still have a Mother,Why not take her for a ride in your Studebaker?

Mine has been gone for 19 years now but she rode many miles with me in a Studebaker.

I'll be off in a couple of hours in our '66 Daytona to pick up my mother , she always enjoys a ride in the Studebakers , I try at least a couple times a year to take her out in one , this will make her day and the weather man has co operated beautifully.....by the way she is in her 90th year and still in pretty good shape
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Don't have a mother anymore but yesterday I let the mother of our children climb into the trunk of the Daytona convertible to help fit the new trunk mat. Today she'll get a ride as her reward, LOL. Happy Mothers Day Thelma.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Stu, My wife's Mother was also named Thelma. We visited her grave and placed some flowers to day after church. She is buried at Oakview Baptist Churchyard. Her family has been members there for 6 generations.

We also have Studebaker Club meetings there quite often.
        Neil Thornton

Comment

I repeat. My MOM crossed over 3 years ago. While she never rode in the Saturday Night Special, She did ride in my 47 M-5. I was fortunate to have my Mother til she was 90. Going to visit her grave, in about an hour.

Comment

My mom passed on the 9th of March, 1986. Not quite 59 years old.
            Here she is at two. Mom at two.jpgAnd at sixteen.Mom_in_high_school.jpg She guides me still and, it is from her father that my passion for Studebakers was germinated. I received my first Studebaker when he passed away in 1972.
            "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

There was a time when "Mother's Day" was very simple. The week before Mother's Day, our elementary school teacher would encourage all in the class to draw and create a special tribute to our mothers. I was somewhat of a disruptive, inattentive, and difficult kid in school. Very often, I was disciplined for drawing, doodling, and daydreaming during class. However, I excelled in art and it was things like these "Mother's Day" assignments where I excelled.

Nowadays, in addition to my 93 year-old mom...I have a wife who is a mom...and a daughter who is a mom. This past Thursday, I drove nearly four hundred miles, round trip, to see my mom and tell her that she is the best mom I ever had. With the assistance of KFC (her request), I prepared lunch and we spent time discussing world affairs, and life in general. I gave her enough money for the hair dresser, and an additional gift picked out by my wife. The two of us discuss things of this world, and beyond, in a manner never explored by my other siblings. It is a special time and it is the reason I pick such times to visit. Our one on one time is precious and would not be possible with a crowd. I always leave with a lump in my throat, knowing that (at her age) each parting could be our last.

Today, was spent with the other two moms in my life, and some others of extended family. Both events were very joyful...but I still remember when it was not so complicated.
              John Clary
              Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

I made a point to take my Studebaker to my mother's this morning. It just happened to be the second time we had the car on the road. About a 50 mile round trip.
                My mother is 83 and she enjoyed the short ride we had this morning. It decided to rain so we got to check the wipers while we were out.

Comment

When I was in the first grade, We glued 4 colored toothpicks together with a small safty pin glued to the back. Then my teacher picked out letters from dried alphabet soup mix and glued them on the front to spell our mother's name.
                  I still remember the look on her face when she asked what was my mother's name? and I said ELIZABETH.
                  Neil Thornton

Comment

I rode with my Mom in at least a couple Studebakers. After being born, I am told I rode home from the hospital in a 1949 Studebaker, I can only assume my Mom was there. My Dad bought a new 1953 Commander Starliner, 3 spd/OD that became my Mom's car in 1955 until 1959. So we spent quite a bit of time together in my favorite cars.
                    Pat Dilling
                    Olivehurst, CA
                    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                    X